LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: :mad: :The_Villa :madsign3: :madsign3: :soapbox:

I was on my way to AZ to visit some family, getting some breakfast at a McDonalds and I come out and there is a HUGE dent in the passenger side rear panel, right under the gas cap.

It's about 6 inches wide and about a foot and a half long and scratched to hell.

I just called my insurance company :(

This blows. I'll get some pics later.

·
Member: Black Sheep Squadron
4,065 Posts
Man I'd be pissed. Sorry to hear about it!

·
CAR CRAZY
318 Posts
:mad: Oh no! I hate that. See if that McDonalds (by some miracle) has a surveillance camera or if there's an ATM that was facing that way. (They have cameras in them) It's a long shot, but worth a try. So sorry, it's a sin and a crime to hit a car, but to hit a GTO, that person is going to hell!:The_Villa :The_Villa

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope nothing :( I talked to the people in the store and the manager. No one was outside, no note... nothing.

It was in the crappy area of san bernardino, so I'm sure it was someone without insurance or even a license. It seems 90% of the friggin accidents out here involve one person without a license.

Hopefully the insurance clears everything up, now I just gotta scrounge up the $500 deductible. At least this was after the GTG...

·
not a pontiac its a HOLDEN !!
8,787 Posts
that sucks , i hate people that hit and leave

they all need to die a slow pain full death

·
Keepin' JW in biz since 02'!
966 Posts
That exact same thing happened to me. Sorry to hear it.

·
S1C:+:GTO
950 Posts
:worthless:

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:whine: Estimates are around $1,000 - $1,500

My deductable is $500, so that's a half a grand out of my pocket. There goes my dreams of a stall converter :(

Attachments

·
GTO FOREVER
1,434 Posts
aww man... that totally blows! u must get revenge! :The_Villa :The_Villa

·
Might wanna knock first...
4,355 Posts
wow...there are just some classless people out there...damn.

·
06 M6 in Frisco
560 Posts
holy shit, that sucks dude. I hope you have Uninsured motorist insurance (it will cover it 100%)

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No witnesses so my insurance company isn't allowing uninsured. I'm gonna have to use which ever one uses the deductable... not sure at the moment, I'm drawing a blank.

If you notice, the wheel well held up rather well, there's a visable mark where the dent never hit on it

·
06 M6 in Frisco
560 Posts
odingrey said:
No witnesses so my insurance company isn't allowing uninsured. I'm gonna have to use which ever one uses the deductable... not sure at the moment, I'm drawing a blank.

If you notice, the wheel well held up rather well, there's a visable mark where the dent never hit on it
Who is your insurance company? I think they are ripping you off. It was a hit and run.

Last time someone dropped my bike with their car, while I wasn't there, the insurance company (Progressive at the time) picked up the whole thing under the uninsured motorist insurance.

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Esurance.

I'll ask em about uninsured when I talk to them again.

Too bad they didn't hit a little bit to the left, I'd have an excuse to get 06 tails.

·
Spiced
102 Posts
AcePilot said:
...I hope you have Uninsured motorist insurance (it will cover it 100%)
Nope, in order to have uninsured motorist coverage cover your vehicle you have to have a confirmed person without insurance involved. What we have here is a hit and run. The offender could be insured or uninsured...

My experience is based on somone hitting my 240 and giving false information (fake DL, POI... guy was a real scam artist). I had to come up with the deductible until they eventually tracked down the real person and verified he has a revoked license and therefore uninsured then I was 100% covered. I have Mercury insurance but they all probably need 'proof' there was an uninsured motorist involved.

·
this ->pimpstatus(10);
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm just lucky I wasn't out there when it happened. I'd have a dented car AND I'd be in shackles.

·
GTO no more baaah!
1,150 Posts
odingrey said:
It was in the crappy area of san bernardino...
Are you implying there is a non-crappy area in San Bernarghetto?

Hit & Run scumbags and uninsured drivers suck!!!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts