LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a 4L60 (maybe you already know this) with the transmission shifted in Low 2 the transmission will start from a stop in Low 1 and shift to Low 2. Low 1 is better for transmission the low reverse band and one way clutch hold the rear gear set (less chance of damage to the one way clutch)

At the drag strip launch in L2 and shift to L3 when needed. It won't automatically shift from 2nd to third till you do so.

try it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
On our 94 Roadmaster, it actually STARTS OUT in SECOND gear. Not sure the goat does that, but i know the Roadmaster does.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
GMH GTO said:
With a 4L60 (maybe you already know this) with the transmission shifted in Low 2 the transmission will start from a stop in Low 1 and shift to Low 2. Low 1 is better for transmission the low reverse band and one way clutch hold the rear gear set (less chance of damage to the one way clutch)

At the drag strip launch in L2 and shift to L3 when needed. It won't automatically shift from 2nd to third till you do so.

try it.
Thanks for information. :D

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
GMH GTO said:

try it.
Definitely worth trying. On my old WRX it started out in 2nd if you put it in "2". But these 4L60(65)Es are a new animal to me, so all info is useful. Next chance I get I'll try it and also dig around in the manuals.

Padre

·
Member #804
5,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PadreGTO said:
Definitely worth trying. On my old WRX it started out in 2nd if you put it in "2". But these 4L60(65)Es are a new animal to me, so all info is useful. Next chance I get I'll try it and also dig around in the manuals.

Padre
All but GM transmissions (not all GM hydramatics) in 2nd start in 1st and go to 2nd. very possible this isnt' the case with a 4L60E as most go behind larger engines with enough torque take off in 2nd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts