LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I installed my headers back in March I've had the following problem. If the car sits for a few days, when I go to start it it won't start. I give it five minutes or so and then try again a few times and it'll fire up. Sometimes it will start only to "stall" after a few seconds.
The problem also surfaced one day while running errands. After a few starts and stops within close proximity I go to start it and it won't start. Took about 15 minutes of waiting to get it to crank that time.
Talked to a guy with an '03 Cobra...said he has the same problem. Said has a very strong gas smell outside the car. Sounded just like my problem. I just thought it was normal and would be fixed with a tune.
Got the tune in June from a highly recommended guy (and now sponsor on here) NNM. It slipped my mind to mention my problem, but from what I'm now hearing it probably wouldn't have done any good anyway.
Well I still have the occasional problem. It resurfaced twice at Rockingham this past weekend. After two runs within 20 minutes of each other I pulled around to the other Goats. Went to move it 5 minutes later and it cranked, but stalled....heavy gas smell outside. The next time after two runs and sitting in the staging lanes for 30 minutes it wouldn't start. It only took a few more times and then it fired up and I ran my best time.
Anyway...no one else has this problem. I believe most of them have also had the same guy tune theirs. Is my car a POS? What's wrong? Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks for any responses.

·
should have had a v8
523 Posts
hum that is odd. my wife tryed to start my car this morning and it would not start she told me and i went out about 5 min later and it started right up. she said it just cranked and cranked. i hope some one has an answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts