LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about a month ago I had my ass handed to me by a new model Mustang GT . Before everyone flips, he was running NOS. How do I know, I've been around the strip a good part of my life. You can smell it if you know what I mean.
Tonite I was not "mindin my own biznezz" Mr. GT pulls alongisde (Not Mr.NOS).
I've let this slide once again for a month: Not Tonight!!
Mr. GT takes an ass whoopin!!
Mr. NOS you are next :punch:
The reason I'm upset is I tried to give him the thumbs up yada, yada, he would not even look at me. :punch:
Mr. NOS, I hope you are reading.
OG and TPR, we did not get over 100 on our expressway.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
gangster1 said:
I am not going to preach to anyone about about how they choose to drive. We all remember the earlier threads. We are all adults and are responsible for our own actions. We enjoy our cars and that is reason we bought them for.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Nicely said, Tpr... as adults, we are each responsible for our own actions. The measure of true character is how one faces the consequences of one's actions. In other words, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

It's more than that, really. I've tried to teach my son to be man enough to admit his mistakes and accept the consequences. Trying to "get out of it" will never make us better citizens.

hahahahaha, of course, coming from me, that's like the pot calling the kettle "black." Last time I was on the highway, I got the Goat up to 140. :D

BTW, nice job on the GT. Was it a 5.0L? I still haven't tangled with a 5.0L. I've killed plenty of 4.6L, to the point I don't even bother anymore.

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
TprGTO said:
I am not going to preach to anyone about about how they choose to drive. We all remember the earlier threads. We are all adults and are responsible for our own actions. We enjoy our cars and that is reason we bought them for.
TprGTO,

Have you thought about putting some strobs and leds on your goat and use that as a work cruiser??? I bet that would make the shift go by faster!!!
:gr_jest:

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
FLORIT said:
Nicely said, Tpr... as adults, we are each responsible for our own actions. The measure of true character is how one faces the consequences of one's actions. In other words, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."

It's more than that, really. I've tried to teach my son to be man enough to admit his mistakes and accept the consequences. Trying to "get out of it" will never make us better citizens.

hahahahaha, of course, coming from me, that's like the pot calling the kettle "black." Last time I was on the highway, I got the Goat up to 140. :D

BTW, nice job on the GT. Was it a 5.0L? I still haven't tangled with a 5.0L. I've killed plenty of 4.6L, to the point I don't even bother anymore.
FLORIT,

I had 4.6s and 5.0s and they both met their fate to the 5.7 :punch:. So far the best Mustang race was the Mach 1 on a open stretch of highway and a modded 04 GT. It seems once you hit third gear it's bu-by for the pony :eek2:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was one of the newer models so I'm guessing 4.6L.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Crap man, anything can be on N20 on the street these days. The cost and easy install make it very attractive.

No shame in getting killed there. Nice kill on the NA stang. Doesn't ford know they can't do anything without FI ;) (quiet mach1 guys, i'm looking for you :driving: :thumbs: )

·
NFC Champs
883 Posts
Adam4356 said:
Crap man, anything can be on N20 on the street these days. The cost and easy install make it very attractive.

No shame in getting killed there. Nice kill on the NA stang. Doesn't ford know they can't do anything without FI ;) (quiet mach1 guys, i'm looking for you :driving: :thumbs: )
You might also want to include the 1999 and 2001 Cobras...both were N/A and sporting 320hp, also responding very well to bolt-ons.

·
US Monaro-IBM/B/M6-K&N
739 Posts
Now if your Goat was sniffin' NOS ..

gangster1 said:
Well about a month ago I had my ass handed to me by a new model Mustang GT . Before everyone flips, he was running NOS. How do I know, I've been around the strip a good part of my life. You can smell it if you know what I mean.
Tonite I was not "mindin my own biznezz" Mr. GT pulls alongisde (Not Mr.NOS).
I've let this slide once again for a month: Not Tonight!!
Mr. GT takes an ass whoopin!!
Mr. NOS you are next :punch:
The reason I'm upset is I tried to give him the thumbs up yada, yada, he would not even look at me. :punch:
Mr. NOS, I hope you are reading.
No appologies required, Gangster1 .... Now if your Goat was sniffin' NOS .. :sneaky: that would have been an entirely different story ... (Mr. NOS, I hope you are reading.) :eek2:

.... Mean Monaros - Drive On ... BBD :cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts