LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering what is the tone on these chargers?? is like the stock eaton on a terminator? a little louder or more quiet? I dont know about you guys but i really like to hear my superchargers. thanks

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
3,934 Posts
ihaterice said:
well i think magnacharger distributors can thank you when i say im sold now im defintly getting a maggie!!! that thing sounded sick. now if i just put what charger on and didnt exceed 450 rwhp would i have to make any upgrades with the engine or any upgrades at all???? thanks ben
The Magnacharger comes with everyhting you need. Just buy it, and bolt it on. It will run right out of the box. However, if you want to get the most for your $, I would recommend finding a local tuner, and having it retuned after the Maggie. If you tell me what year your car is, I can better help you. Also, username Blown Chevy (Brian) on here can get you one for the best price around, and will also happily help you. He is great about answering questions as well.

·
3,934 Posts
mdmike said:
After seeing your first video at the track I can see why AUTO got it over M6's. I only wish I could get a launch like that.

But any way your MAGGIE sounds great
Yeah, the ato makes it easy. My mother could run this car at the track. Put it in 3, and stab the gas.

We are hoping to hit 500rwhp today with the new fuel upgrades I just did.:turbonaug :)

·
Blown By Maggie
2,443 Posts
24v said:
Yeah, the ato makes it easy. My mother could run this car at the track. Put it in 3, and stab the gas.

We are hoping to hit 500rwhp today with the new fuel upgrades I just did.:turbonaug :)
Well good luck. I am sure you will get to where you want to be with that new blower setup. Blower CAM and Oil Pump (Porting) along with a Meth/Alky kit and New Crank Pulley in October. I might be right behind you with fuel upgrades as well after. We will see. :gears:

·
Registered
199 Posts
24v said:
The Magnacharger comes with everyhting you need. Just buy it, and bolt it on. It will run right out of the box. However, if you want to get the most for your $, I would recommend finding a local tuner, and having it retuned after the Maggie. If you tell me what year your car is, I can better help you. Also, username Blown Chevy (Brian) on here can get you one for the best price around, and will also happily help you. He is great about answering questions as well.
Car sounds great, didnt really like the sound of "maggie" before i heard yours..What is the stock psi on these as you are running 13.5???
thanks

·
3,934 Posts
mdmike said:
Well good luck. I am sure you will get to where you want to be with that new blower setup. I have an appointment with EastCoast Superchargers to upgrade to a Blower CAM and Oil Pump (Porting) along with a Meth/Alky kit in October. I might be right behind you with fuel upgrades as well after. We will see. :gears:
Made 496 today with Torco in the gas. Probably could have hit 500, but I think the locked converter passes were taking their toll on the clutch.

·
3,934 Posts
gonepostal said:
Car sounds great, didnt really like the sound of "maggie" before i heard yours..What is the stock psi on these as you are running 13.5???
thanks
The stock psi of a 112 is 6-7psi. In the burnout and drag race videos I was making 11.5 psi on the 112. In the dyno video I am running 13.5 psi on the new 122.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
24v said:

Wait, so the 500 hp dyno was at 13.5 on the MP 122???? I thought that was on the 112. What did you do on the 112?

·
3,934 Posts
kwiktsi said:
Wait, so the 500 hp dyno was at 13.5 on the MP 122???? I thought that was on the 112. What did you do on the 112?
435/460 on the 112 w/pump gas.
490/460 on the 122 w/pump gas.
Keep in mind this is a bone stock LS1 with stock manifolds, 2 cats, and 3 mufflers.

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
24v said:
Keep in mind this is a bone stock LS1 with stock manifolds, 2 cats, and 3 mufflers.
Nice....I want one....
3 Mufflers?????

·
3,934 Posts
gm4life said:
Nice....I want one....
3 Mufflers?????
Yes, I have high flow cats in the stock spot. 2 4" round bullet style Magnaflows in the stock muffler spot. And, a 2 into 1 (2.5" in, 3" out) muffler under the back bumper. I don't like drone, and like the fact that cops don't look at me. I bet with headers, and a more open exhaust this thing would hit 525 or so. But, it is not worth it o me to gain that last few hp at this time.

·
Hold on, we're goin for broke
1,499 Posts
24v said:
Yes, I have high flow cats in the stock spot. 2 4" round bullet style Magnaflows in the stock muffler spot. And, a 2 into 1 (2.5" in, 3" out) muffler under the back bumper. I don't like drone, and like the fact that cops don't look at me. I bet with headers, and a more open exhaust this thing would hit 525 or so. But, it is not worth it o me to gain that last few hp at this time.
OK..Understandable,I thought it was a typo...A buddy of mine did something simular he dropped a 385 in his GMC Sonoma, he put two good sized muffs on his, trying to be aSLEEPER. But anywayz looking foward to seeing your set up this weekend at the GTG...

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
24v said:
OK, gotcha. Just sounded off at that boost level.
Joe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts