LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mod-Anonymous Attendee
2004 Pontiac GTO, IBM/BLK (1 of 323)
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As one of the original members of the South FL GTO group. I'm back!

Do we do any meets or car shows anymore?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Crowds have gotten smaller, owners have gotten older. More and more folks want to keep the miles low on their cars in case they sell and because parts have become more and more scarce in cases of accidents. I’ve gone to a couple of cars and coffee and I’m the only GTO to be found even though I’m not partaking in the show of cars. Hell you can’t get GTO owners who live across town to meet up.

·
Mod-Anonymous Attendee
2004 Pontiac GTO, IBM/BLK (1 of 323)
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I pass by Towers in Davie every now and again, and the parking lot has turned into stores... CLS1GTO seems to be the only active guy I've seen from the beginning, and hes been offline since May...

I've got my hands on an IBM 04 GTO with 27K miles in show car condition. and I too intend on keeping it as light duty as possible...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I have 119K and doing a resto on mine. Buying leather seat covers and having them put on. Need a clutch got a paint job done. Gonna put the bumper inserts and my daughter is getting the car. She’s a gear head but has a Subie. This will be her first LS based car.

·
Registered
73 Posts
As the resident Davie 05 CGM, I still drive mine to work in Fort Lauderdale here and their... The car show moved to the shopping area between Flamingo and Hiatus on SR84 on Friday nights [has Winn Dixie on one end, Lowes at the other]. I've not been lately, but now the weather is cooler, I'll go back. Think it's like $5 to park/show the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts