LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NASCAR-A-HOLIC
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a couple of threads where front wheel spacers (to eliminate that annoying occasional front wheel rub) have been mentioned. In one of the posts GTOprix claimed to have some on the car. If anyone knows of a place that carries them, please post it here. Myself and a couple others might like to know. Thanks. :burnout:

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
Wheel spacers are an unwise idea. They take away from the hub centric centering and depending on the thickness, can stress the studs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would have to agree with CSiJason on that bit of info. You also have more potential for the lugs to loosen up and a possible wheel off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
When using a spacer over 5mm you should always seriously consider using longer studs. There are several companies that make longer wheel studs.

So long as the the wheels offset + the spacer are the same as your stock offset, you will be perfectly safe using spacers. But, if you were, say, using the stock rims with even a 5mm spacer you will see some problems. Tire wear can be an early indicator, but, more iimportantly, there will be significantly added stress on bearings and suspension components. By all accounts, the GTO is seriously "overbuilt" from the factory, at least in regards to it's suspension, but it would still cause premature wear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts