LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Buckethead
2,033 Posts
Goes without saying but this is WAAAAAYYYYYY overdue. I'll definitely tune in.

I did hear there was a 60% chance of the weather delaying this.

·
Suffering Fools
15,277 Posts
Why was it overdue? Flying with the Russians the last several years has been cheap, safe, and reliable.

·
Born in a class 5 hurricane
11,467 Posts
I'm the sort of person who will always think Elon Musk is a tool. However, I must admit that SpaceX has done much to break up the space industrial complex the last few years.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why was it overdue? Flying with the Russians the last several years has been cheap, safe, and reliable.
Like VGT said, it’s humiliating. We’re the only country to land a person on another celestial body or send a probe beyond our solar system and we’re forced to rely on one of our largest adversaries to put our people into LEO. I wouldn’t care if a native program cost 4x what Russia was charging, it’s worth it.

·
Buckethead
2,033 Posts
Not to mention this is the same country who cut off gas supply to Europe a few years ago, then signed a deal with Ukraine to get it back flowing again, which cased the Prime Minister to get 7 years in jail for signing that deal. Shady to say the least on all ends.

I wouldn't trust Russia with a glass of milk.

·
Porch Dick
20,270 Posts
Watched with my daughters from home.

Incredible. Absolutely incredible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts