LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any vendors bringing some GTO parts with them to the shootout? Just in case someone breaks something, like some axles, stubs, you know the usual lol.

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good! I dont think I will break anything while I'm on the stock tires but you never know. I would hate to have to tow it all the way back to Savannah. lol :bomb:

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
with my luck, i'll end up breaking the stubs (knock on wood). i am hoping to have a driveshaft by then but you never know. i need tires first so im not sure if i can afford both in two months. those are the only two things left in my drivetrain that i would be worried about breaking (at any reasonable power level; mine is on stock power). the rest of it is all aftermarket (except the diff but thats def not gonna break under stock power). i'll be on drag radials

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll have some spare stock parts to get you home if you break.
Thanks!

I'll bring a stock half shaft and driveshaft.
Sounds good!

Great idea !! I will have some goodys and i take cc LOL
Lol and I'm trying to get all this other s*** paid for...
That sounds good though, I may buy some stuff just to go ahead and upgrade so it wont break. :turbonaug

Need me to bring a spare blower?
LMAO! This one should keep me happy for a little while... I hope :)

·
Spicey's Back In Town!
5,511 Posts
I'll bring a pair of 1/2 shafts and inner stubs. Maybe a couple of other parts. A spare helmet too if anyone needs one.

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
i will definitely need a helmet. never ran with one before since all i have to do is go to mooresville, where they dont even know what tech is! the stubs and driveshaft are my main concerns

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds good guys! I will bring an extra helment also.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
ill have a set of stock axels ,rear wheel studs and nuts , wires plugs , a spare helmet .

those that are fi or spraying may want to bring extra plugs . we ran into that problem at pitp , no stores carried the right heat range .

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
ill have a set of stock axels ,rear wheel studs and nuts , wires plugs , a spare helmet .

those that are fi or spraying may want to bring extra plugs . we ran into that problem at pitp , no stores carried the right heat range .
You can carry extra plugs or just get the tune right. :) :stickpoke:

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
i run tr55 and dont have a problem ,thank you.
my problem is with the trans tune .
i need to figure out what it needs for the new converter.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
im going to try . i had nick tune my car , he is just to far away for little stuff.
i got a good deal on hptuners . i need to get the trans shift program worked out .
the old tune and the new converter dont get along lol

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
the car is on jackstands right now and the trans is going to a shop monday.
3rd gear is broken ,actual gear .

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
im going to try . i had nick tune my car , he is just to far away for little stuff.
i got a good deal on hptuners . i need to get the trans shift program worked out .
the old tune and the new converter dont get along lol
If you send him your tune I bet he will get it fixed up for you. Just tell him what's going on. Now that I know that Nick tuned it I understand why you can run TR55's. :)
the car is on jackstands right now and the trans is going to a shop monday.
3rd gear is broken ,actual gear .
WTH happened?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts