Discussion Starter #24
Sounds like we may have enough parts to rebuild the entire drivetrain. lol

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
i'm just worried because that would be my luck. how many people have actually torn up their input shaft, 2nd gear blocker ring, and cv shaft/hub assembly all in 1.5 years (~25k miles)? the car was in an accident so im attributing most of the problems were from weaknesses caused by the accident (mainly the cv/hub assembly since i hit a curb with the wheel)

but under stock power, how did i honestly bend the input shaft? thats just why i feel i may have more issues with the drivetrain.

·
165 MPH CLUB!
2,398 Posts
i have an entire stock diff in a box, i have yet to send it back to GFORCE, i'm still testing out my new 391 and tru trac he built. So far its a beast and i can't wait to get it tuned by Nick. Hey Travis ill be at Nick's on mon at 0930 for my tune if your around. You (Hendrix) might want to bring out some parts we can buy just to upgrade too.

·
80 swap in the works
3,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
i have an entire stock diff in a box, i have yet to send it back to GFORCE, i'm still testing out my new 391 and tru trac he built. So far its a beast and i can't wait to get it tuned by Nick. Hey Travis ill be at Nick's on mon at 0930 for my tune if your around. You (Hendrix) might want to bring out some parts we can buy just to upgrade too.
Nick is the tuning man! lol I got a base tune from him when I installed my procharger, and couldn't be happier.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
I live about 2.5 hours away and won't be able to make it down. Thomas lives about 20 minutes from Nick's so you may see him. I'll let him know you may need something. You are going to love your new tune I can tell you that much!! BTW I am not Hendrix. Just a customer :)

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Wow this is awesome. I was kind of worried about driving down to race at this even in SC and possibly breaking something since this will be probably my first or second time out with the new setup. Not sure how things are going to hold up, some I'm glad to hear that there will be some spare stock half-shafts and drive-shafts and whatnot haha. I'll be sure to try to keep some extra cash on me incase I need to find one of you guys when I'm there :)

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
i just picked up a spare rear end also

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
does anyone have a pair of skinny tires i can use that day? i have my spare and a friend is giving me his spare but i dont think i'd want to run on the spare tires. i probably need tires meant for racing. any suggestions? i would buy some but i can afford them for a while.

·
8 second club
4,849 Posts
does anyone have a pair of skinny tires i can use that day? i have my spare and a friend is giving me his spare but i dont think i'd want to run on the spare tires. i probably need tires meant for racing. any suggestions? i would buy some but i can afford them for a while.
That's not an item too many people keep extras of. LOL I wouldn't run 100+ on spares!! Maybe someone will chime in with a spare set of skinnies though.

·
Bite Me
3,394 Posts
Good thing several people are bringing extra stubs/axles. I was just out toying with my car with the stall in it. Sooner or later, something is gonna twist. All I can say right now is HOLY SHIT...

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
Good thing several people are bringing extra stubs/axles. I was just out toying with my car with the stall in it. Sooner or later, something is gonna twist. All I can say right now is HOLY SHIT...
haha nice!

Travis, yeah thats what i want, a set of skinnies. i will most likely have the wheels. i just need the tires to go with them.

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
i think some people just mount a street tire on the spare wheel, its a lot cheeper than the race master 17"

·
Resident Beach Bum
1,674 Posts
how wide of a street tire? thats a narrow wheel for a street tire isnt it? well maybe not for a kia lol

·
bolt-ons =11.52
1,660 Posts
i think doc and and jan run them

21 - 39 of 39 Posts