LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Soon To Be A DAD
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad worked out a deal witht the Napa store in Davie, Fl..... They will stock the more popular Royal Purple fluids, Mobile 1 oil, and K&N oil filter for our Goats....Please see attachment for pricing, location, and part numbers.....Please call ahead for availability.......Hope this helps us South Florida Goats......This is for in-store purchase only......To see more clearly click the img once to magnify.....

Attachments

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
sorry, but I can buy a lot of that stuff if not all of it for less around town or through mail order. Thanks for the try.

For reference, I was buying 5 quart jugs of Mobil 1 for less than $20 at one point, here recently bought 6 quart boxes of Mobil 1 for $22. You just have to stock up when it's cheap.

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
Thanks for your effort. Some people know the value of being as loyal [email protected] a real part store although you might find the same oil at China Mart just a few bucks cheaper.

If ya buy your bait at a bait shop, you will find out where the fish were biting yesterday. If ya buy it at wallymart, you will get the same bait cheaper, and find out the checkout girl doesn't even fish.

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
Swampgoat said:
If ya buy your bait at a bait shop, you will find out where the fish were biting yesterday. If ya buy it at wallymart, you will get the same bait cheaper, and find out the checkout girl doesn't even fish.
But if you fish on a regular basis, you already know where the fish are and you don't have to shoot the $hit to get the same job done and you can save a few bucks. I can't remember the last time I visited a NAPA store.

Sams has gone up a little on their price here recently, $26.88 for 6 quarts, so only $4.48 per quart. That's a $1.51 per quart savings or over $9 everytime I change my oil.:stickpoke

·
Soon To Be A DAD
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if you can find it cheaper online be my guest.....Im not forcing any one to buy from here....I simply had a hard time on friday finding the royal purple stuff here in miami and that was the only store near here that had some in stock...So i wanted to make shure that other people would be able to get it with ease if they didnt want to do the whole internet thing.....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Murray's always has the stuff.

If you gusy want. And ONLY towards the local guys I know.

I can hook you guys up with Amsoil at my cost.

And if you want, I can even get that royal purple.

Let me know.

·
Objects in mirror dont matter
3,777 Posts
6SPDGTO said:
But if you fish on a regular basis, you already know where the fish are and you don't have to shoot the $hit to get the same job done and you can save a few bucks.
I see yer point, but as a hardcore fisherman, it is always good to pick up tidbits floating around the baitshop.

I do my own maint and mods, and have called the local Advance shop at 5 minutes till closing when I am 15 minutes away and asked them to let me swing in for that desparately needed part. If I wasn't the "guy with the GTO and the Jeep", I'd have been down another day.
I thought Quicksilver showed true gearhead spirit for wanting to help his local crew.

Oh, why do the Amsoil salesman ALWAYS show up in any thread relating to lubricants? Geez, do ya sell Zaino too?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Swampgoat said:
I see yer point, but as a hardcore fisherman, it is always good to pick up tidbits floating around the baitshop.

I do my own maint and mods, and have called the local Advance shop at 5 minutes till closing when I am 15 minutes away and asked them to let me swing in for that desparately needed part. If I wasn't the "guy with the GTO and the Jeep", I'd have been down another day.
I thought Quicksilver showed true gearhead spirit for wanting to help his local crew.

Oh, why do the Amsoil salesman ALWAYS show up in any thread relating to lubricants? Geez, do ya sell Zaino too?
I'm not a salesmen.

I just like to recommend whats BEST.

Unlike most people. I DO NOT recommend synthetic in auto trannys. a REAL gear head will automatically know why.

·
Smug 5.0 Asshole
2,524 Posts
NorySS said:
I'm not a salesmen.

I just like to recommend whats BEST.

Unlike most people. I DO NOT recommend synthetic in auto trannys. a REAL gear head will automatically know why.
After that thread in the tech section where the guy got his warranty denied on his rear end after it crapped out because he'd replaced the fluids with aftermarket fluid, I'm pretty much leaving whatever the dealer put in it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'm pretty sure our diff's our clutch style. If they are, dino oil is the BEST. Synthetic is not recommended.

Reason is, clutchs work on friction. Synthetic REDUCES friction. Synthetic is best for engines. BUT NOT for clutches. Thus the reason why its not recommended for AUTO trannys and CLUTCH style DIFFs.

·
Who me, no not me...
10,320 Posts
Swampgoat said:

Most deffinitely, not dogging him, just saying that I have seen some better pricing. I was mostly interested in the Mobil pricing actually. since I tend to use gallons per month.

Amsoil...Amway...see the relation?

I think we see so many Amsoil folks cause I think they will let just about anyone sell the stuff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts