LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past month or so, my 04 has been having a low idle issue. Specifically when coasting to a stop. My normal idle is around 950rpm. While coasting in neutral, the idle dips to about 450rpm and jumps back up continuously until I come to a full stop, when the idle stabilizes back to 950rpm.

The other idle issue I've noticed is kind of the opposite. When it's a little warmer out, when coasting in neutral, the car high idles, upwards of 1500rpm, until I come to a complete stop, when it returns to normal 950rpm idle.

Now this happened before I got the car tuned when I initially bought it, and some say it's designed to do that when the ac is running to prevent the car from stalling (?) when coming to a stop. But it happened all the time, not just when the ac was on. After getting it tuned, it stopped while ac was off, but still happened with the ac on. Now I didn't mention this to the tuner, because it honestly slipped my mind, but it wasn't that big of a deal to me, and I'm not sure it's something that can be tuned out anyway? Getting a little off track here, the point is that the occasional high idle has come back, whether ac is on or off.

The high idle is pretty intermittent as far as the conditions to make it happen, but the idle dip is nearly constant now. I've gone over pretty much all of my intake system with MAF cleaner, trying to find an intake leak, as other threads I've read up on with idle issues seem to suggest it might be, but the idle holds steady. I've checked the connections for the MAF sensor and cleaned it out. Cleaned the throttle body and IAC, everything is buttoned up pretty tight. So now I'm just left scratching my head, not sure where to go next. Any ideas?

·
Worthless reject member
40,771 Posts
Clean your throttle body and have the idle learn tables cleared by the tuner. If you have hptuners do the "clean TB" thing.

Also, are you running the stock throttle body or a larger one?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clean your throttle body and have the idle learn tables cleared by the tuner. If you have hptuners do the "clean TB" thing.

Also, are you running the stock throttle body or a larger one?
I'll give that a shot. It's basically stock size. It came with a professional products tb that's 2-3mm larger than stock?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts