LS1GTO Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Congrats on the results! Very cool work

Yeah, SAE is the standard. STD is for the weak (might get higher numbers, however not as normalized, numbers fluctuate wildly) - SAE uses more advanced correction factors, my general understanding.

It takes two seconds to convert it on their computer, both graphs, it's only an output. Just do it. :coffee:
Thanks. I dont think they ever touch any of the dyno settings, even if I were to ask. Notice the computer hooked to can't even keep an accurate date - it stamped my dyno run as Jan 2014. Go figure.

·
Worthless reject member
47,668 Posts
Congrats on the results! Very cool work

Yeah, SAE is the standard. STD is for the weak (might get higher numbers, however not as normalized, numbers fluctuate wildly) - SAE uses more advanced correction factors, my general understanding.

It takes two seconds to convert it on their computer, both graphs, it's only an output. Just do it. :coffee:

·
Rambler is stuck in 2nd gear
2,063 Posts
Yes :)
The tuning went fine final results were 375hp/376tq. He adjusted my fans, removed CAGS, and confirmed there is such a thing as torque management, and proceeded to rattle off 3 places in HPTuners that he changes values that affect it. We talked about DFCO, and he said that I'd lose some of my engine braking on downshift if I had it removed, and I do utilize it, so I left it enabled.
The car just seems to idle so much smoother and it pulls hard. It's been raining daily here, so I really haven't pushed the car since its been tuned. We also talked a little about Intake Air Temps, and he showed me the table where the stock tune starts pulling timing at 80*F, and he revised that across all of the cells. My IAT sensor is plugged into a grommet in my X-Air, and he advised me to consider moving it somewhere cooler (zip tied to the coolant reservoir tower, or something far away from the heat). His logic is that the air moves through the intake so quickly, that it's relatively cool, but the sensor sits there and soaks up the heat from both the heated up plastic of the X-Air, as well as hot temps rising from the radiator. I'm considering it because honestly I had it setup that way for ~1 a year and it ran fine. I just moved it for neatness.

The only downside is about 1hr later, it started throwing a code for Knock Sensor Low Circuit Input (P0327). I'm still happy though. I'll start a different thread about that issue.
View attachment 509252
Don't pull the iat sensor out of the intake. You should kick him in the nuts for that comment.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts