LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't pass up a deal on the pioneer avic-n1 so I should have it soon. I was looking at the install manual it says that I have to connect a wire to the speed detection circuit. Which, is for the digital readout of the speedometer, I would assume. Anybody know which wire color it is and the location?

·
Former GOATilicious SEG lover
2,637 Posts
bob_50 said:
I couldn't pass up a deal on the pioneer avic-n1 so I should have it soon. I was looking at the install manual it says that I have to connect a wire to the speed detection circuit. Which, is for the digital readout of the speedometer, I would assume. Anybody know which wire color it is and the location?
The Vehicle speed signal should be pin 26 (purple with white stripe) on the instrument cluster connector. It's used for the vehicle speed on the Pioneer, and also for dead-reckoning for the Nav.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It wouldn't be right for me to give out the price. Let's just say that I bought it through a Pioneer's accomodation program. I really wasn't going to get it, but I couldn't pass it up. The scary thing is now, I'll have to build a system. In my other car, I have pioneer's older dvd system, 2 12s, components, dedicated xm radio, 12 disc changer, 2 amps, and 2 1 farad caps. I really didn't want to add the extra weight to the goat...but after seeing josephra's car, it got me thinking.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
miscreant said:
The Vehicle speed signal should be pin 26 (purple with white stripe) on the instrument cluster connector. It's used for the vehicle speed on the Pioneer, and also for dead-reckoning for the Nav.

Thanks!!! Just what I needed..

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This purple and white wire? It is the second from the left. It looks like it could be pin 26. This is located in the passenger's kick panel.

·
Turbos own me
149 Posts
I know what price he got it for, I ordered one as well from Pioneer accomodations ;)

Definitely not a deal that could be passed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts