LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Made the trip up from Dallas to check out the race and it turned out to be a rough day for the GTO. They looked great in qualifying keeping pace on what appeared to be a tight course in places. I was lucky enough to be hooked up though friends with a perfect view of 10, 11, and 12 and was impressed at how well the goat handled them. The Porsches appeared to be a handful appearing to just fly through there. In the race, Joey looked good early however, he had some sort of mishap (could not see from where I was) and things went downhill from there.

I was fortune enough to run into Joey at the airport and I have to echo the previous posters comments, heck of a nice guy. I stopped by the trailer area about 30 minutes prior to the start but you guys seemed focused on your business so I opted to not whip you with car questions.

I am already making plans to go to Road Atlanta for the race. This time I plan to drive if anyone else has any interest in meeting up. At Belle Isle I found myself in the hotel that hosted the Viper forums gathering which drove me nuts!

PS. What's up the the 7.0 on the car, what's the scoop on the motor??

Attachments

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was standing near the pit area for that car for the race. It looked as though he spun on turn 3 right past the pit area, shortly after passing the Viper that was running in front of him.

He came into the pits right after that and pulled the hood, then went back for a couple more laps, pulled it back in, looked under the hood again, then hung it up for the day.

I think my buddy has a couple pics of him in the pit area.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Made the trip up from Dallas to check out the race and it turned out to be a rough day for the GTO. They looked great in qualifying keeping pace on what appeared to be a tight course in places. I was lucky enough to be hooked up though friends with a perfect view of 10, 11, and 12 and was impressed at how well the goat handled them. The Porsches appeared to be a handful appearing to just fly through there. In the race, Joey looked good early however, he had some sort of mishap (could not see from where I was) and things went downhill from there.

I was fortune enough to run into Joey at the airport and I have to echo the previous posters comments, heck of a nice guy. I stopped by the trailer area about 30 minutes prior to the start but you guys seemed focused on your business so I opted to not whip you with car questions.

I am already making plans to go to Road Atlanta for the race. This time I plan to drive if anyone else has any interest in meeting up. At Belle Isle I found myself in the hotel that hosted the Viper forums gathering which drove me nuts!

PS. What's up the the 7.0 on the car, what's the scoop on the motor??

I remember seeing you in the airport. Good to meet you.

Yeah we had a good run going. I just scuffed the wall slightly, the lap befor eI passed the Viper. It only put a few scuff marks on the wheels and fenders but it knocked the front and rear alignement out of wack considerably and made some of the electricles start to fritz out. That was the cause of the dnf in the end.

I am looking forward to 2 of our best finishes at the next two races.

New Jersey i snew to everyone, which is a great equalizer. Road Atlanta is just a track that I know we can run good at. Looking forward to both.

If you come down to that one be sure to pass by over the weekend.

·
I love keyboard warriors...
1,184 Posts
I was fortune enough to run into Joey at the airport and I have to echo the previous posters comments, heck of a nice guy. I stopped by the trailer area about 30 minutes prior to the start but you guys seemed focused on your business so I opted to not whip you with car questions.QUOTE]

Joeys pretty cool i guess....Just kidding Joey! how you been?

Joey and I used to race together in Gt-1 And American Gt. He's a true racer through and Through!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts