LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DEUTSCHER
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey stopped up at Road America today for the Speed World Challenge and met Joey who drives the only GTO in the pack. Great to meet ya man, and tough luck in the race, what exactly happened? Anyways great to see a goat in the pack, and it was nice to meet you. Take care, and good luck in the future races.

·
Belch
943 Posts
The ALMS race today was terrific -- and what a track! Checked the TV listing, and the race is nowhere to be found for a couple of weeks.

·
DEUTSCHER
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i wanted to make it up there for the alms race but had to work all day saturday, always a good race! did it finish up in the dark?

·
Belch
943 Posts
yeah i wanted to make it up there for the alms race but had to work all day saturday, always a good race! did it finish up in the dark?
Yep. I'm sure the sun had already set by the time the checkers flew. Thing is the TV cameras made it look a lot lighter outside than it really was. All the lights were on the outside of the buildings and signs, etc. I'm sure it was well into dusk.

·
Nuff Said
374 Posts
I couldn't make it this weekend but a buddy of mine snapped a pic of his car. Check it out.

Attachments

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey stopped up at Road America today for the Speed World Challenge and met Joey who drives the only GTO in the pack. Great to meet ya man, and tough luck in the race, what exactly happened? Anyways great to see a goat in the pack, and it was nice to meet you. Take care, and good luck in the future races.

Well, we had a good run going for a little while. I think little by little we have gotten the car to run better then it has ever in the past. I got plowed from behind in Canada corner and beached in the sand trap. They pulled me out in time not to go a lap down but the tires were all flat spotted. Something also caused the shifter linkage to break in the middle of all of that and I had a tough time finding gears correctly. From that point on the race was full of cautions. It was disappointing though because one of the cars that we passed earlier and was pulling away from ended up finishing 5th.

·
DEUTSCHER
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah man, it was looking like a good setup and you were driving good! we were sitting on turn 14, and you were killing it man. i was the guy who came up with my pops and girlfriend and was asking about the car, and said i had one too. better luck for the rest of the season, and hopefully we'll see ya in a goat next year at road america. take care bud

1 - 7 of 7 Posts