LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pontiac Fanboy
994 Posts
May be another, "what's the cost and then why not insert or harrop?" situation.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It looks rigid. I installed a spacer from rev shift in the OE mount. Too much vibration because the insert is hard poly. So, I went old school and linked together some long hose clamps. The trick is to crisscross the clamps over the tranny and under the x-member. It prevents the tranny from rocking and still dampens vibration.

I am not trying to prevent you from buying the unit. If it stiffens the drivetrain without vibes, I'd buy one too. But if if is hard poly and not rubber, or extremely hard rubber, than it will vibrate.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Excuse me? Is this a tranny or diff mount. It looks like a tranny mount. If for the diff, then I stand corrected. But, the trick does work for tranny mounts.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excuse me? Is this a tranny or diff mount. It looks like a tranny mount. If for the diff, then I stand corrected. But, the trick does work for tranny mounts.
It's a diff mount. One place that lists it mentions that is comes with both rubber and delrin bushings but I have not found that anywhere else. I plan to do something back there eventually and just stumbled across this, never seeing anything about it before, and thought I would see if anyone had experience with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes, delrin is a type of polymer and commonly used in suspension bushings. Try the rubber bushings. But beware, rubber can achieve durometric hardness similar to poly.

·
Rockin the Bakken
316 Posts
I bought one! Haven't had a chance to pick it up though. When I get it installed I'll let you all know what it's like.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I bought one! Haven't had a chance to pick it up though. When I get it installed I'll let you all know what it's like.
I look forward to hearing your review, ive been thinking about this unit as well, sicne it comes with a rubber bushing option

·
Registered
169 Posts
I installed one just like it but doesn't have the GTO engraved in it. Seems to work fine. Not sure it has any advantages over the insert though. I still have very slight wheel hop. I had the diff insert installed before.

·
Rockin the Bakken
316 Posts
I look forward to hearing your review, ive been thinking about this unit as well, sicne it comes with a rubber bushing option
That will take a while. I'm recovering from partial knee replacement. I have picked it up and it comes with 2 sets of bushings, rubber and plastic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
LIL KID
LS1GTO.com Forums
LS1GTO.com is a forum community dedicated to the LS1 Pontiac GTO. Come discuss mods, horsepower, engine specs and more!
Full Forum Listing