LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Tuner

redneck said:
Anyone tried adjusting the speedometer to accomodate larger wheels?
It will require some Tuner software to do so. It's in the onboard computers.

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
As it turns out, going from 245/45/17 to 275/35/18 results in a very small tire diameter change. My speedo should stay pretty accurate. Still, I have the software and will make the change when my new wheels are installed.

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
FLORIT said:
As it turns out, going from 245/45/17 to 275/35/18 results in a very small tire diameter change. My speedo should stay pretty accurate. Still, I have the software and will make the change when my new wheels are installed.

this is true. if you have the correct aspect ratio of tire, the overall diameter of the tire should be about the same as stock and not cause problems. the vendor should be able to help with the selection.

·
Registered
459 Posts
FLORIT said:
You still haven't received your wheels?

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Intro had to row a canoe up the Amazon, mine the metal by hand, transport it by donkey to a forge in Timbuktu, then have trained monkeys roll the wheels to their facility in California. Once there, Intro had to train tiny white mice to put cotton balls on their feet and dance on the wheels to polish them. When the polishing was complete, Intro hired the Dahmer Party Wagon Train to carry the wheels through Oregon, where they will be loaded onto a three-mast whaler and sailed around Cape Horn. (The toll through the Panama Canal adds too much to the shipping cost.) When the whaler reaches Boston, the wheels will need to be re-polished, so they will have to sit until the trained tiny white mice from Intro make their way East. It is a long walk for tiny white mice, so I suspect it will take a while. After re-polishing, the trained monkeys will again roll the wheels to my home in Roanoke, where they will demand a stipend of at least one gross of bananas. The bananas, of course, will need to be from their native jungle, and I am still researching the geography. So, long story short. No. I don’t have my wheels yet. :mad:

·
Registered
459 Posts
FLORIT said:
Intro had to row a canoe up the Amazon, mine the metal by hand, transport it by donkey to a forge in Timbuktu, then have trained monkeys roll the wheels to their facility in California. Once there, Intro had to train tiny white mice to put cotton balls on their feet and dance on the wheels to polish them. When the polishing was complete, Intro hired the Dahmer Party Wagon Train to carry the wheels through Oregon, where they will be loaded onto a three-mast whaler and sailed around Cape Horn. (The toll through the Panama Canal adds too much to the shipping cost.) When the whaler reaches Boston, the wheels will need to be re-polished, so they will have to sit until the trained tiny white mice from Intro make their way East. It is a long walk for tiny white mice, so I suspect it will take a while. After re-polishing, the trained monkeys will again roll the wheels to my home in Roanoke, where they will demand a stipend of at least one gross of bananas. The bananas, of course, will need to be from their native jungle, and I am still researching the geography. So, long story short. No. I don’t have my wheels yet. :mad:
That's pretty good!! Sounds like the same scenario Pontiac went through to get my GTO here!! All joking aside, sorry you haven't gotten them yet, they are going to look sweet once they finally do arrive.

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
FLORIT said:
sorry to hear that Florit........ :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts