LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Sean
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have owned my GTO for about 5 months now and it really isnt loud enough for me. I want when I drive by people turn there heads with the WTF was that look. Would I need headers? or does cat back work fine... I was thinking about spintech cat back if so anyone have any sound clips?? Thanks

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
my sound clip is in my sig. click on the maglaspinmax link. it's not a true spintech cat back tho. it's a mongerel and i have LT's. definately turns heads tho :D

·
Need A Little Beethoven?
5,639 Posts
The Spintech Pro Streets are not that loud, well IMO, they sound fantastic though. They do offer louder mufflers that will have the same tone. Bx Goat used to have a couple of different Spintech setups, search for his threads.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
They are loud w LT's. Trust me, if you want to turn heads and scare little kids on the street, Spintech's are the way to go.

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
728 Posts
I see you are in Stafford. BNVUS in in stafford to. You should hear his with the LT's. I work at 4 mile fork in fredericksburg, so if you are ever near there you can here mine. Look in BNVUS sig for his clip. I will have another posted shortly.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Hmmm....I did not notice he was in Stafford. Damn, that makes 6 local Goats here in Stafford.

Hey Sean. I see you have the Red one I have seen around 610. PM me if you want to hear the Spintech exhaust. I live right off 610.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just got my super pro street spintechs yesterday and will be installing them in a few hours. Can't wait to drive it! I hope to get that same sound your looking for outside the car but a nice deep mellow tone that's not obnoxious inside the car. The salesman at spintech reccommended the super series over the pro series as he did say the pro series wasn't much louder, just deeper. They install them there and said all their installing on the GTO's from now on are the super pro series. I'm taking his word for it and hope it ain't too loud in the car, outside can never get too loud though!

·
728 Posts
Inside is a great sound. At cruise, 75-80 has a nice rumble to it with the windows up, windows down you will just be smiling.

BNVUS, I need your help. My tips are shifting ever so slightly. Yours line up perfect. Did you bend the stock hangars at all? I think their units come slightly different everytime they build them.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
No, didn't have to cause I custom welded the hangers to the tips when I did the install. I had to make sure everything was perfectly aligned then tacked it all together. One other thing is I only reused on rubber hanger on each tip. The other one is there just laying on top.

·
YOUNG ONE!
599 Posts
is pro shootout louder or is the super pro street? what is the comparison in tone? so far i think i like the shootouts the best

·
seppuku rights activist
4,317 Posts
longhornbsbll15 said:
is pro shootout louder or is the super pro street? what is the comparison in tone? so far i think i like the shootouts the best
I've got shootouts and I'll probably change after headers. We'll see.

·
What the....
2,590 Posts
Not sure. I think the super pros have only 2 spinners vs the pros have 3. I have only heard clips of the super pros. Next time I hook up with woodnutz I'll find out. Although He does not have headers (yet). I can tell you though, If they are louder than the pro streets....be afraid.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, I just got my super pro mufflers installed and they are AWESOME! The super pro's are louder than the pro series and i would strongly recommend the super pro series like their sales dept suggested! It really growels outside and sounds very rumbly inside but not too loud! I don't like to drown out the exhaust with the radio and shout to people in the car to talk. With these, you can still listen to the radio at a low level (under 20 on the volume) and just hear a nice tone from the exhaust and not have to talk over the noise! They are perfect for me. I guess if i were in my twentys and without a wife and kids i would probably want it even louder but removing the resonator would probably do it. You won't scare anyone with this exhaust going down the road, but if you rev it you will get their attention! Again........AWESOME!

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
i can't imagine super pros being louder but if they are they must be close to none at all. my pro streets needed dynomax resonators to tone them down and it's still crazy loud. i have to take it real easy when leaving stop lights unless i want everybody (including the police) to look. Spintechs make kewl sounds tho don't they :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
svede1212 said:
i can't imagine super pros being louder but if they are they must be close to none at all. my pro streets needed dynomax resonators to tone them down and it's still crazy loud. i have to take it real easy when leaving stop lights unless i want everybody (including the police) to look. Spintechs make kewl sounds tho don't they :D
Not sure if these mufflers sound much different between the 5.7 and 6.0's or not. All I know is the salesman at spintech said the super pro streets are louder than the pro streets and they don't install any more pro streets at their shop because they weren't loud enough, lol! I was very scepticle on his advice as i'm not going for noise, i wanted deep rumbling 60's era tone that i didn't have to turn the radio off to hear! I was afraid it would be too loud, their perfect. Not sure why yours are so loud unless the 5.7 makes the difference? Mine aren't catback, just mufflers.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
it's probably the !cats, 2 1/2" pipes and LTs. it was fairly loud with the stock 2 1/4" catless back. click the muffs in my sig and you'll hear

·
YOUNG ONE!
599 Posts
Im wondering about the Super Pro Streets compared to the Pro Shootouts, not compared to the Pro Streets! lol

·
728 Posts
Glad you like them. I think they sound sweet diggity. I think people using other exhausts really are missing out, that is just my opinion though. No offense to others.

·
Sean
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey thanks for all your help guys... woodnutz id like to meed up with you sometime... I just ordered my super pro streets im hearing really good reviews so i should be happy thanks again

·
Sold August 10 2007
2,593 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts