LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the mufflers on my 05, and don't really want to pay for the entire catback system. Has anyone installed the pro streets with an h-pipe on their gto? I haven't looked into this much so help me out a little, do i just buy two pro streets from spintech and have a shop fab an h pipe for the install? i want something that will be aggressive sounding but clean/ not too much popping, is this a good option?

·
NJ GOAT
745 Posts
that would be a fine option. You can purchase the mufflers directly from spintech. I'm not sure of thier website. Maybe someone else can help you out with a link. You shouldn't have any popping on decel. With the H-pipe it will not flow as good as an X pipe , but there is not much difference at all anyway except in tone and IMO i think the H pipe sounds better and that's why I bought the JBA CB. All in all I think you'd be happy with the choice you made for sure. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good man, i really want to do this, and make it a worthwhile change. Should i go with the new super pro street mufflers and an h-pipe or stick with the pro streets. It really makes it hard to put things into perspective on the loudness because ive never heard an aftermarket gto exhaust in person...anyone in tucson area have an 05 with exhaust work done??

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
728 Posts
www.spintechmufflers.com is the site. If you are looking to get spintech stuff though pm me and I can put you in touch with the person I used. I got my complete catback with the super pro streets and 4" tips for $650 shipped to my door. You may want to look into the bolt on kit from spintech. Comes with the flanges, mufflers and tips, just un bolt the stock and put on the others. I have an x pipe and I love the sound. It does pop a little, but I heard a tune will help with it some. I have some clips on here, just search for spintech. Spintech's sound the best in my opinion and I know to each is there own. It has the classic sound I like. I can admit mustangs sound good, and I have had some of those owners say they wish there car sounded like mine.

·
Stock Sucks
939 Posts
I run the Spintech Pro's on my 05, but I went with the Magnaflow X-pipe instead of an H. The magnaflow x-pipe is the exact same lenght as the resonator so it was an easy weld in...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Spintechs sound awesome, but do they flow well? I know the flowmaster super 40s sound great, but apparently don't flow well. How are the spintechs?

·
ROad Goat
220 Posts
HWFSTRU said:
I run the Spintech Pro's on my 05, but I went with the Magnaflow X-pipe instead of an H. The magnaflow x-pipe is the exact same lenght as the resonator so it was an easy weld in...
Part number for the Magnaflow x pipe ?

·
Stock Sucks
939 Posts
Summit Part number - MPE-10791

·
Do you care for a GOATASM?
728 Posts
Do with these what you will, but here is some info on the spintechs.
http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/flyers/cat back sys/CAT - GTO systems scan.jpg

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spintech/flyers/muffler specific/Pro Street scan.jpg

Now they just came out with the super pro streets which I have. They are suppose to be louder than the pro streets and flow better. Lots of people on here are using the pro shootout muffler which is a race muffler. Now none of this appears to be as good as the 99? better than stock flowing Corsa, but they never tell you how they measure that. I am not trying to start a flame war, to each is there own, but I love them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Spintech Super Pro Streets on my '06 with a Dr. Gas x-pipe and I love it. Great sound to. I get so many compliments with it.

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
mine are bad-ass sounding. my system has !cats, !resonators, LTs, X-pipe and Pro Streets. click on the MagLaSpinMax link in my sig for sound files. They are loud and i think that any muff you can look thru flows pretty well :). if you have the stock manifolds and cats they would be perfect if you like it quieter.

·
Stock Sucks
939 Posts
I wouldn't change my Spintech for anything... I saw good gains and the sound is great.

·
Registered
144 Posts
W/ the 06 is it worth it to buy the whole cat back system, or should I just do mufflers and X pipe? Or maybe H pipe?

·
Stock Sucks
939 Posts
Mufflers and X or H pipe are fine! Catbacks are over priced and don't produce a whole lot more than replacing these components...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok i made up my mind (with the help of a super mean sounding cobra tonight) im going super pro streets with the custom h-pipe which stolenfox will hopefully pull through with.

·
YOUNG ONE!
599 Posts
Ok i made up my mind (with the help of a super mean sounding cobra tonight) im going super pro streets with the custom h-pipe which stolenfox will hopefully pull through with.
i just ordered the exact same system. hopefully clips soon?!?!?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts