LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, another local member (Spyral) showed me his new splitter. I like what you've done. It raised some questions for me though.

1. How much downward flex is there at extreme speed? I can exceed 140 on the front straight and through turn 1 at our local track and want to make sure I won't be scraping anything. Ideally, I like to know it's safe all the way to 170mph.

2. What, exactly, is the difference between the rev.1 and rev.2? Also, are all new sales the rev.2?

Thanks! I have the $ ready to spend but want to make sure I won't regret it after spending time on the track.

Pat

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Hi, another local member (Spyral) showed me his new splitter. I like what you've done. It raised some questions for me though.

1. How much downward flex is there at extreme speed? I can exceed 140 on the front straight and through turn 1 at our local track and want to make sure I won't be scraping anything. Ideally, I like to know it's safe all the way to 170mph.

2. What, exactly, is the difference between the rev.1 and rev.2? Also, are all new sales the rev.2?

Thanks! I have the $ ready to spend but want to make sure I won't regret it after spending time on the track.

Pat
Pat,

This is a video of the splitter at *cough*85*cough* and there is no movement what so ever. We have not had a single person say/comment about having ANY vibration with this, and a few have been 145 plus. The only movement you should see will be from the lack of support on the bumper. It is however VERY easy to add bracing from the bumper/splitter to the bottom of the core support.

This picture best shows the changes we made, with the exception of the height changes. We raised Rev.2 a 1/2'' higher, to make it more streetable. Rev.2 is on top.

Daniel Linnett will be making an attempt to reach 200mph in his GTO in March. He opted for the Rev.1 as it "should" have more down force. And yes, we do have a few Rev.1's available for sale too.

please let us know if you have any more questions
Phillip

·
Blessing rains down in Africa
5,476 Posts
Hey... where's the video of your auto-x trackday? You were diving into corners and the piece wasn't EVEN coming close to the ground!

·
Registered
984 Posts
soooo, what is the point of that thing?

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A well made splitter will make a big difference in cornering at speed. It gives more grip via downforce(or cancellation of lift-depends on the design and car).

The Rev.2 looks right to me. Any pictures of it on a yellow car? It looked great on Spyral's black one.

·
5,476 Posts
A well made splitter will make a big difference in cornering at speed. It gives more grip via downforce(or cancellation of lift-depends on the design and car).

The Rev.2 looks right to me. Any pictures of it on a yellow car? It looked great on Spyral's black one.
Funny you should ask that Crisis... parsons and I were just talking about that last night! Actually NO, nobody has sent in any pics of this piece on a YJ. I'm highly anticipating this pic though because personally I think the YJ's look incredible with black accents!!! You can be the first Crisis, I guarantee you won't be disappointed! Imagine this in YJ and PBM... :turbonaug:turbonaug:turbonaug

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm sold. I'll order soon. I just sent you an e-mail asking for a price quote on a pair shipped together. I'm trying to find another local person who wants to go in on the same order/shipment with me.

·
5,476 Posts
Sweet! I'll box them up together tonight and send them out tomorrow!!! Along with the "Release" that I need you to sign that guarantees us pics of this piece on a YJ finally!!! LOL... JK...

·
5,476 Posts
Okay I lied Tom. Didn't get it shipped today. But I'm sending you some shtuff tomorrow...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts