LS1GTO.com Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Created in hatred
13,114 Posts
Yeah, true..lol..I found it..durr..anyway, the zip file was like 147 megs, so I uploaded it to filedropper. I am emailing you the link as soon as it is done uploading.

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Unfortunately, I must follow up my enjoyable experience with the W-T splitter with the untimely report of its demise.

It's my wife's fault...that's my story, and I'm sticking with it.

I came home the other night to find her parked in my usual spot, leaving me to park in the grass. Well, the right tire went into a low spot and the splitter tried to dig a divit out of the grass. Result, the grass took a divit out of the spoiler. It was a clean break, and is cosmetically repairable. I don't know, however, if I would trust it on the race track with a repair. The guy behind me wouldn't appreciate it coming off at 140mph.

Now that I have taken it off, I can definitely tell the difference in how planted the front end is. So I'm sure the splitter was having a beneficial aerodynamic effect. It just wasn't strong enough for even a little off-pavement maneuvering. Too bad. I really did like it.

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
BTW, it's been a couple months but I wanted to note that the replacement was a bit heavier duty and made of a more flexible rubber. It looks like W-T is learning from experience and improving the product.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts