LS1GTO.com Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
GTO Goodwill Ambassador
2,498 Posts
GEMELLI said:
I had my spoiler removed at a shop in Auburn.
Which shop?

Also, what color is your car? I remember seeing a Silver GTO at a body shop in Auburn with it's spoiler off.

Pro-Finish has done my rear fender lip and painted up my plugs. I didn't want to pay for the full fill/paint when I very well may end up wanting it back on to either sell or trade-in down the road. You don't even notice the plugs unless your right next to the car.

·
Sold!!
281 Posts
GEMELLI said:
NO SPOILER!! Spoilers are for American cars...Please don't hit me :slap:, I'm drunk! One more thing, please fill the holes right! Don't use plugs or a delete kit. Once you take it off, you will never want it back, and those plugs look so tacky IMO, plus they add drag. Isn't that why we take the spoiler off anyway, to reduce drag?
They add drag. :gr_jest: Yes, you must be drunk.

They'd probably increase your drag coefficient by 0.0000001. Probably about as much as a good sized bug splattered on the nose of the car.

Wonder if you believe putting the tailgate down on a pickup decreases drag, also...

·
Resident SVT Defender
906 Posts
I used to drive with the tailgate down in my Lightning, until I saw that episode of Mythbusters. Ruined my whole theory! I still wonder if results would have been different if the trucks used were shortbeds???

Crites Auto Body, across from the train station, is where I take my car. It is silver, and it does spend a lot of time in the shop...because I want it there, not because it has to be there. I know the plugs are nearly unseen, I just got a good deal on having my holes filled :gr_jest: and I hated that spoiler!

·
Registered
90 Posts
no spoiler-sittin on 18's

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a silver 04 and I am thinking of taking mine off too,I think they look better with the spoiler off.

·
Registered Loser
931 Posts
Tired Iron said:
No Spoiler...but then again I like the "Stealth Bomber", sleeper kinda look.
+1 on the stealth, although unfortunately the Impulse Blue I fell in love with is a bit bright for that...:)

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts

·
150k Club
3,955 Posts

·
Abracadabra Holmes
5,627 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts