LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wife hated it
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody make a small lip spoiler similiar to what BMW put on the M3?
The GTO looks great with the goofy stock spoiler removed, I think it might also look great with a M3-type spoiler as well.

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
JHP offers one: http://www.jhp.com.au/enlarge.php?image=img/products/Spoilers/monaro/yellowmonaro.jpg but it doesnt cover the stock mounting holes, thus you'd have to get them filled and repaint the rear deck lid.

You can get the HSV rear wing which is a three piece style wing that will require extra drilling, but as far as I know it does use the factory holes on the deck lid. You'd have to drill holes for the side pieces which do not lift with the trunk lid. Those mount to the rear fenders. Personaly, i'd rather not add more holes if I didnt have to. Another company in the states has a version that looks similar to the HSV wing, not exact, that mounts the same.

·
CAUTION!!!!
9,883 Posts
RKsport has one too, its not exactly like the monte carlo or bmw looking spoiler, but it sits a ton lower....

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Arrowhead Performance is working on a lip spoiler a little higher than the JHP one that will mount in the stock locations, but it is not available yet.

·
FRESCHES GUMMI
1,120 Posts
gotzaGTO said:
RKsport has one too, its not exactly like the monte carlo or bmw looking spoiler, but it sits a ton lower....
The RKSport ducktail looks like the HSV one, but without the brake light (unless I missed it).

·
Registered
430 Posts
I already did the measurements on the M5 and M3 lip spoilers, they are too long for the GTO trunk, damn!

·
I like boobs.
6,581 Posts
phobos512 said:
Arrowhead Performance is working on a lip spoiler a little higher than the JHP one that will mount in the stock locations, but it is not available yet.
I look forward to seeing that. Something that bolts in place of stock while looking like a very subtle spoiler is what just about everyone wants. :hail:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lose the Spoiler

I pulled the stock spoiler off. As I suspected, the GTO looks way better without it. I am having the holes filled and the trunk repainted. While I was at it, I removed the rear Pontiac badge. The front one will be "blacked out" when the trunk is done. Stealth.

·
Registered
239 Posts
flyinlow said:
I already did the measurements on the M5 and M3 lip spoilers, they are too long for the GTO trunk, damn!
Did you check the lip spoiler for a 3-series sedan? I don't know how much too long the M3 spoiler is, but the four-door is actually narrower in the back than the coupe. The 330i ZHP comes with a lip spoiler and I know it is about an inch narrower than the M3 version. They sell them on e-bay.............

·
Registered
430 Posts
The M3 is 120cm. I measured across the back of the GTO and came up with about 114cm.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
flyinlow said:
The M3 is 120cm. I measured across the back of the GTO and came up with about 114cm.
Is that 114cm just the width of the trunk lid or is that the entire width? You also have to worry about the contour of the spoiler, and I'm sure that the 3-Series trunk's contour is different of that of the GTO.

·
Registered
239 Posts
phobos512 said:
Is that 114cm just the width of the trunk lid or is that the entire width? You also have to worry about the contour of the spoiler, and I'm sure that the 3-Series trunk's contour is different of that of the GTO.
Actually, they don't really have a contour. They are thin enough that you just bend it around to fit the contour of the trunk lid. I know, I put one on the 325i that I traded in on the GTO. Sounds like the sedan lip spoiler would probably fit. Someone needs to drop by their local BMW dealer and measure the spoiler on a 330i ZHP....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts