LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I washed my car this afternoon and while I was wiping it down I had my son use some shop towels to dry the windows. Not clean them, just dry them. I told him I would clean them later.

About 30 minutes later, while my son was in the Mall shopping, I was in the Mall parking lot cleaning my windows. They were badly spotted from the car wash.

Folks, I tried rubbing them out, I tried scrubbing them out and I CANNOT get these spots off my glass! It's as if they are INSIDE the glass. I tried all kinds of different stuff, all the way down to alcohol pads, which removed some of the spotting but not ALL.

I've never seen anything like this. How do I get those spots off my windows!?

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Try glass wax.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Gunk makes an ammonia free glass cleaner. It works for me. I also put glass wax on. The glass wax works great in helping the wipers remove water in a rain storm.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just as a side to this. I used to have this problem because of the "hard" water from my well. I have been using that Mr Clean filtration system and I don't get the spots anymore. Just my 2 cents.

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Windex with Vinegar

FLORIT said:
I washed my car this afternoon and while I was wiping it down I had my son use some shop towels to dry the windows. Not clean them, just dry them. I told him I would clean them later.

About 30 minutes later, while my son was in the Mall shopping, I was in the Mall parking lot cleaning my windows. They were badly spotted from the car wash.

Folks, I tried rubbing them out, I tried scrubbing them out and I CANNOT get these spots off my glass! It's as if they are INSIDE the glass. I tried all kinds of different stuff, all the way down to alcohol pads, which removed some of the spotting but not ALL.

I've never seen anything like this. How do I get those spots off my windows!?
Try windex with vinegar, or if there's any straight vinegar in the house, give it a shot... :D

·
GTOholic
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Rain-X "Windshield Wax" got rid of the spots... by moving them into random patches of "smearing". The "smearing" can be buffed out with enough elbow grease (or perhaps some 100 grain sandpaper.) JUST KIDDING, don't take sandpaper to your windshield!!

My Mr. Clean Car Wash PUR Filter was all used up, so I went without. Bad idea, it seems. But what torques my nuts is how these spots were seemingly impossible to remove.

My friend with the '65 Tri-Power GTO (Torrid Red, like mine) showed me the tiny spots on HIS windows... but his car is nearly 40 years old. You might expect that. Certainly not on mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts