LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
F^@& OPEC
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I noticed there was a rubber spacer wedged in top of the front springs of the GTO. I would have to assume these were put there for shipping purposes. I figured I would double check with you guys before I pop them out. Not sure if they are in the rear springs but you can see them plain as day in the front. :)

·
GTOAA 04-06 Tech Advisor
1,545 Posts

·
Knight Errant
1,800 Posts
Headlights

skc2121 said:
The other day I noticed there was a rubber spacer wedged in top of the front springs of the GTO. I would have to assume these were put there for shipping purposes. I figured I would double check with you guys before I pop them out. Not sure if they are in the rear springs but you can see them plain as day in the front. :)
Once the spacers are out, don't forget to check the headlight aiming pattern. They should be VERY low with the spacers out.

·
F^@& OPEC
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awsome! That answers my next question about the squeaking in the front end. Looks like I have an excuse to drink some beer and play with goat tonight. Thanks

·
3,327 Posts
:drink: :sneaky: :D He said Spring Rubbers. :bubbrub

·
Registered
115 Posts
Old Goat said:
Once the spacers are out, don't forget to check the headlight aiming pattern. They should be VERY low with the spacers out.
Thats no joke. My low-beams were aimed so low that I had to just pi** everyone off (with high-beams) on my first night-time drive just to get home. Local dealer re-aimed them, no charge.

·
May I quote you on that?
22,046 Posts
Q. What's the difference between a radial tire and 365 used condoms?

A. One's a Goodyear and the other's a great year.

·
Registered
399 Posts
mistermike said:
Q. What's the difference between a radial tire and 365 used condoms?

A. One's a Goodyear and the other's a great year.
When I was a kid I'd take the girls and park on Firestone Drive. Thats where "The Rubber meets the Road"! :slap:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts