LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pissin' in the wind.
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have had a helluva time with these Tein springs. The first set that I got sat 1/4 to 1/2 inch lower on the drivers side. I checked the install, swapped them and ended up getting a new set from Chad at Gravana. New springs on and same old story. They are sitting lower on the drivers side again. Not as uneven, but definitely uneven. Now I am thinking that maybe it is something else that is the issue. I have a Hotchkis sway bar in the back with Noltec swaybar endlink and x-member bushings. I bolted up the swaybar after the car had a load on it to try and avoid preload on the bar. Was this the right thing to do. I can't imagine that I got two bad sets of springs from Tein. To me there shouldn't be that much to worry about when changing out the rear springs. Unbolt the shock bolts and throw em in, right. Bolt everything up and go have fun? What am I missing here?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Make sure both springs are sitting in the spring buckets correctly, the end of the spring actually sits in a small depression. Also make sure your Hotchkins sway bars links are in the same adjustment hole, you might even unbolt one link to make sure the bar isnt tweaked.

·
Pissin' in the wind.
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try that. The Hotchkis bars are definitely bolted up correctly. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts