LS1GTO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rumble Rumble Rumble
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently Ive noticed this and it wont always happen also but sometimes when i put my A4 in drive and start to roll, both nice and easy and with gusto,i get a grinding sound out of the rear. Once again it wont always happen. I noticed that it will mostly happen coming out of reverse, but it has happened from even moving forward. Most of the time itll hapen during the first move of the day, but it has happened even when teh car was warm and moving for a while. And last but not least i noticed it happens more often during hot days. ANyone have any suggestions other than going to the dealer, cause i dont have a weekday to kill waiting for them to tell e nothings wrong.

·
Unit Armorer/Recruiter
331 Posts
there have been numerous threads about this, a lot of people have it, nobody knows what it is.

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
I have the same issue. Mine happens every day like clockwork and more as the car gets hot. I even have the TC pop on every once in a while. Some others have this issue as well. My car is going in to Rossi tomorrow I will let you all know what happens. Im guessing its the LSD or a bad lash setting I will bet I just wind up with a new pumpkin cause apparently they are not allowed to open and fix the rear just replace it but we'll see.

·
Rumble Rumble Rumble
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oo man it is Villa Marin, that blows....but hey at least im not the only one, makes me feel a little better. thought I screwed something up

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
1,142 Posts
Take it to the dealer! The Posi is binding up. The rear end needs service, I have had mine done 2 times now.

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
BJSchubert said:
Take it to the dealer! The Posi is binding up. The rear end needs service, I have had mine done 2 times now.
did you have the same symptoms? TC clicks in for half a second, and a grind noise only upon releasing the clutch from a dead stop.

·
Member of the 500+ RWHP Club!
1,142 Posts
Cyclone Chris said:
did you have the same symptoms? TC clicks in for half a second, and a grind noise only upon releasing the clutch from a dead stop.
yep grinding was mostly in reverse and when turning at slow speeds. Hasnt done it in a while since it was serviced last. It sounded like the tires were rubbing the fender.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had that happen on my 85 Z28 when I omitted to add the GM additive...it did all sorts of grinding...so I added it and it disapeared for ever...could they forget to add it in some of the cars? could be a combined effect of bad rear and bad additive...

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
BJSchubert said:
yep grinding was mostly in reverse and when turning at slow speeds. Hasnt done it in a while since it was serviced last. It sounded like the tires were rubbing the fender.
They replace your fluid or diff?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts