LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I am G.O.N.E.
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lined up with one tonight he wouldnt go for it though so i decided to just:gears: and it got me wondering stock for stock who wins??? i have an a4 by the way.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Srt-10 that is the truck right. I have seen it go either way.
Chuch

·
I mean it felt like a high 12
1,174 Posts
how much does the srt-10 weigh?

·
Registered
506 Posts
seen posts of it going either way all in driver of srt

·
9 Second Club
14,788 Posts
I've seen a well driven SRT10 Quad Cab cutting 8.7 1/8 mile ETs and another Single Cab cutting 9.0 1/8 mile ETs. The single cab guy couldn't drive it, never got it hooked up. The 8.7 woould spank the average noob GTO driver on that track when they typically run around 9.0 also. Got to look inside yourself to find the answer to that one.

·
Unreconstructed
272 Posts
A guy I work with has a SRT-10 and he is no challenge for my stock '05 GTO auto. He is spending a ton of money just trying to get the truck to put the stok horsepower to the ground without spinning all over the place, plus adding things like headers and nitrous to the truck. If he ever gets traction it should be pretty good, but right now even with the bottle and tires that are basically slicks, I think his best time is a 12.7 second 1/4 mile. An auto GTO with DRs, a converter, and long tubes should be right there. Add the bottle to the GTO and he should be no problem.

Short answer? Stock for stock the LS2 GTO takes it.

·
I ♥ ( @ )Y( @ )
1,666 Posts
GTO MPG > SRT10 MPG

We win :bootyshak

BTW, I've never ran one. I've ran some modded Lightnings at the track that spanked me, but never a SRT10.

·
Registered
51 Posts
TheEricHarris said:
GTO MPG > SRT10 MPG

We win :bootyshak

BTW, I've never ran one. I've ran some modded Lightnings at the track that spanked me, but never a SRT10.
And everyone thought that the '10' in SRT 10 was for the engine.(lol)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ihaterice said:
lined up with one tonight he wouldnt go for it though so i decided to just:gears: and it got me wondering stock for stock who wins??? i have an a4 by the way.
Over 100 that Viper Truck is toast versus the LS2. Even from a dig that Viper Truck is very hard to keep stable so if you get a good launch with that auto you'll hold the lead until you stop.

·
Hammer of Justice
722 Posts
was it a crew cab? that is a lil heavier and has an auto trans, which probably mkes it easier to launch

the standard cab has a 6 speed, and no weight over the back tires..... i saw one trying to launch once, it just spun sideways

those trucks = badd ass

·
OG 05 Owner and FPFQAF
2,610 Posts
dredz172 said:
was it a crew cab? that is a lil heavier and has an auto trans, which probably mkes it easier to launch

the standard cab has a 6 speed, and no weight over the back tires..... i saw one trying to launch once, it just spun sideways

those trucks = badd ass
i'd rather drive my gto :) if i wanted a v10, it'd be a 2002 Viper GTS Stryker TT-Stage 3 with 1400 rwhp on 12psi :gears:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Two Weeks Ago I Saw One Run 13 Flat To My 13.3 Im A 05 A4

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
I've raced 3 and beat them all. The Quad cab version is a dog . . .

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
If they can get some traction, they are capable of getting mid to high 12's....don't underestimate these guys....

·
Registered
335 Posts
TORNATIC!! said:
Over 100 that Viper Truck is toast versus the LS2. Even from a dig that Viper Truck is very hard to keep stable so if you get a good launch with that auto you'll hold the lead until you stop.
I would agree. I had an 05 SRT 10 and very hard to keep stable on launch. The gas mileage sucks as well( 8-9 mpg ).

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
8ball said:
If they can get some traction, they are capable of getting mid to high 12's....don't underestimate these guys....
I'm definitely not underestimating those trucks I've seen what they can do with good traction but I'm sorry no Viper Truck is going to hit mid 12's stock. High 12's yes but mid 12's no. With that trucks aerodynamics it doesn't pull nearly as hard on top end as it does on low end and the LS2 GTO really shines over 100.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
3timegoatowner said:
I would agree. I had an 05 SRT 10 and very hard to keep stable on launch. The gas mileage sucks as well( 8-9 mpg ).
Still had to feel good having that Viper engine staring back at you every time you opened the hood huh??:)

·
Unreconstructed
272 Posts
TORNATIC!! said:
I'm definitely not underestimating those trucks I've seen what they can do with good traction but I'm sorry no Viper Truck is going to hit mid 12's stock. High 12's yes but mid 12's no. With that trucks aerodynamics it doesn't pull nearly as hard on top end as it does on low end and the LS2 GTO really shines over 100.
From what I've seen at the track they're not even going to get into the 12s stock at all.

·
Slave to the Mod Gods!!
555 Posts
I ran a standard cab a couple of weeks ago from 20 -120 and had more than a bus length on him.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts