LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I am looking into getting a set of these and was wondering what is everyones impressions so far?. From what i see they say they are 3" at teh collector, do they size down to 2.5" at the cats? or after the test pipes or high flow cats? Also how should I approach my service manager about something like this? Anyone go through this yet?

I purchased a corsa catback and wondered about the sizing since they are two 2.5" into a Y into a 3" pipe. I am just wondering how well it will mate up to the test pipes or high flow cats.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also I am wondering if anyone will make test pipes that will replace the stock cats. A pipe that will be 2.5" with resonators or just a pipe that connects the stock manifolds to the catback section.

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Also I am wondering if anyone will make test pipes that will replace the stock cats. A pipe that will be 2.5" with resonators or just a pipe that connects the stock manifolds to the catback section.
The closest thing that I know of right now is random tech cats.I just sold mine.I PMed you earlier ,did you see that?

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes i just saw it and responded.

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
LiqTenExp said:
Hey,

I am looking into getting a set of these and was wondering what is everyones impressions so far?. From what i see they say they are 3" at teh collector, do they size down to 2.5" at the cats? or after the test pipes or high flow cats? Also how should I approach my service manager about something like this? Anyone go through this yet?

I purchased a corsa catback and wondered about the sizing since they are two 2.5" into a Y into a 3" pipe. I am just wondering how well it will mate up to the test pipes or high flow cats.
I'm curious - what do you mean by, approach your service manager about this?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ummm stay away from your service manager about this.Don't give them an easy out. They are 3" all the way to the flange. I'm still up in the air about what to do with the rest of the exhaust. One nice thing is the way the factory pipes mate. The rear pipes are actually flared, so it is not as bad as a cogestion as I thought it was going to be. All you need is 2 RT Cats, or equivelant. The set up makes it easy to interchange test pipes and cats.

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
did you cut off the test pipes on your headers? It looks like you did, or did you order them like that. Well I want to ask the service manager about it and not get screwed if they really don't like the idea. I am fine with them voiding parts of the warranty like the exhaust and their electronics like 02 sensors, but I don't want to loose the whole cars over a mod. If they were totally against the headers I would just leave the stockers and put on RT cats in place of the stock ones.

·
Blue Thunder
821 Posts
From what I understand, there are two different sets that you can order. One with race pipes/no cats, and the other with cats. The only thing im waiting to see is if peoples steering boots get burned up after time because of how close they come to it, but other than that they look very nice.

-Brian

·
Deuce and a Half
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah,

Corsa and LPE have headers coming out. I 'm looking into these because theres no way those boots and steering racks will hack all that heat over a long time period of time.

I talked to the service manager and he was cool with RT cats, test pipes, any catback system, any intake combo that kept the stock airbox location, any clutch setup, any set of rims and tires as long as they kept the same outer diameter and proper offset. He did say that headers would put me in a gray spot as far as what would be covered and what would not be covered, the rep would decide.

After I get my corsa exhaust I want to do something like a CS tube and a panel filter for an intake. Right now theres no real way to go straight out and take advantage of our foward facing TB. Theres no way to use a bridge or anything to get over the radiator. Anything piping was to get out up front will just be so long itll hurt throttle response since it will have to goto the sides of the radiator. Possibly something from below the stock airbox would be the shortest distance to the front. A new hood would be the only way to grab some air from right up front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts