LS1GTO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
nothing witty today
1,255 Posts
better be a pro at making high pressure SS braided lines or else you will spend a little more cash and chasing leaks for a week (ask me how i know lol)

but now that system is good and strong and leak free, and the bigger cooler is the easiest part.

·
All motor...deep 10
3,417 Posts
Wish I would have saw this before I put my motor in. I still have some teflon lined braided lines laying around from when i did my transmission lines. Would have been nice to clean it up.

·
riding the wave!
2,293 Posts
does anyone who has done this have any pics of the connection to the cooler hard lines?
thanks!

·
Banned
8,940 Posts
I would be willing to buy a tested and pre-fabricated kit, and pay a premium for it, to replace all the steering lines. Maybe one of our enterprising sponsors would like to whip one up, in addition to some braided teflon clutch lines.

Paging BDSMinVA on the privateer front, and maybe Duckman or Hinson.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Ill b giving this a shot this week. My low pressure line sprung a big leak. Was also curious as to how to hook into the hard line but think I will go with the straight into hose barb that connects to the rubber line. I think since its a low pressure should be fine?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,959 Posts
I would be willing to buy a tested and pre-fabricated kit, and pay a premium for it, to replace all the steering lines. Maybe one of our enterprising sponsors would like to whip one up, in addition to some braided teflon clutch lines.

Paging BDSMinVA on the privateer front, and maybe Duckman or Hinson.
this. i am usually all for DIY shit but id pay a grip for these prefabbed.

·
The Entenmann's Shim-Sham
12,563 Posts
Hell, if you leave enough slack, you can drop the rack without having to disconnect the lines.
Header installs made easy!

·
ROW ROW ROW...
8,959 Posts
thats the main selling point fo rme haha.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow this is epic! When I did my lt's my low pressure line was sized to the flare nut. I would try and loosen it and it would tweak the line. I had to cut it, and then drop the rack. When I finished I put high pressure hose with two clamps on each side.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
riding the wave!
2,293 Posts
i thought about doing this, then i realized there is a shop in town that could make them, and they did. i decided at the end to use thinner ss braided lines with teflon for the steering lines as well as the a/c line. the line from the cooler to the reservoir, i decided on the ss braided with rubber hose, which is bigger in diameter.

connection at the rack-

the closest line to the front is the thicker one, it is just hanging lower-

price was similar to what the OP posted, maybe a little more. i took my lines to them, and they re-used the fittings. definitely worth the price imo. (notice how shiny the cradle is, lol, i didn't know the rack and pinion was not black lol it was work to clean it all)

·
got mods
2,536 Posts
price was similar to what the OP posted, maybe a little more. i took my lines to them, and they re-used the fittings. definitely worth the price imo. (notice how shiny the cradle is, lol, i didn't know the rack and pinion was not black lol it was work to clean it all)
Looks good, nice and clean and the cradle also! What you took the motor out for, not to just change those mounts I'm thinking.

:wall:

·
riding the wave!
2,293 Posts
Looks good, nice and clean and the cradle also! What you took the motor out for, not to just change those mounts I'm thinking.

:wall:
thanks!
it took a couple of foam cleaner cans to get it done! lol
yeah, i thought i needed to clean things and change the mounts, so , wth, out comes to motor! j/k haha
no, actually i am actually in the middle of an install, and i am trying to do whatever i need to while the motor is out. i also got the transmission mount to go with those motor mounts. :D

·
got mods
2,536 Posts
Looks like revshift blue mounts there? I've got the trans mount to put in, was reading about the motor mounts, some say about too much vibration with some brands.

·
riding the wave!
2,293 Posts
yeah, that's what they are. the blue is the softer poly.

since i was doing the braided lines following the OP ideas, "while i was in there..." did these. :D

·
right foot maniac
1,696 Posts
i thought about doing this, then i realized there is a shop in town that could make them, and they did. i decided at the end to use thinner ss braided lines with teflon for the steering lines as well as the a/c line. the line from the cooler to the reservoir, i decided on the ss braided with rubber hose, which is bigger in diameter.

connection at the rack-

the closest line to the front is the thicker one, it is just hanging lower-

dang that's way cleaner then i last seen it bro!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Might do this, but I would almost be interested in some hard lines if the pressure is really that high. Stainless steel or titanium would be great but drive the costs up a bit. Aluminum would suffice but doesn't tend to hold up as well and would need to be inspected/replaced more often.

Makes me wish I still had access to a mandrel tube bender.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I was hoping to replace the lines with out dropping the rack but doesn't seam like ill be able to squeeze a wrench in between the cradle, rack and header. What's the easiest way/best way?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Purchased an extra high pressure line. If anyone is interested I will be making a for sale thread shortly for it. It's 4ft high pressure tested to 2250psi. Has fittings, is blue and 4feet long.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts