LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
4L60E+moded ls1+saudi = bad
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are you guys running with no cats like this?

if so, are you getting any "check engine" , or you allready deleted the cats sensors when you did PCM tuning?

help lol

i'm going to run SW LT's with SLP loud mouth so , any advice?

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DevilYellow said:
Your car will be really loud.

All the calibrations for saudi cars I have seen do not have the rear o2's functioning.
well i'm so worried that if i connected the sensors to the headers and pipes i get check engine light. i'm going to get my PCM tuned so shall i ask for O2 sensors delete?

·
BattleHerks Forever
310 Posts
You can also buy a pair of 02 simms to plug into the rear o2 sensor leads. they produce a signal to fool the car into thinking the rear o2 sensor are installed. They cost less than $100 bucks

·
Ludicrous Speed!
1,041 Posts
I have the headers with no cats. My check engine light is on currently, awaiting HP Tuner software to turn it off. I purchased the headers at Next Level Performance (formerly Norris Motorsports) in Orlando. Speaking with Mike Norris, he told me that the check engine light for the headers effects nothing in the performance of the car, it is only stating that the cats are not operating properly. So no timing pulled, no fuel enrichment, nada, just an orange lighted engine silhouette in the dash. He mentioned that he has dyno checked this to verify no performance change, light on vs. light off.

So turning the rear o2s off is fine, but it won't hurt not to do so.

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2Cool said:
I have the headers with no cats. My check engine light is on currently, awaiting HP Tuner software to turn it off. I purchased the headers at Next Level Performance (formerly Norris Motorsports) in Orlando. Speaking with Mike Norris, he told me that the check engine light for the headers effects nothing in the performance of the car, it is only stating that the cats are not operating properly. So no timing pulled, no fuel enrichment, nada, just an orange lighted engine silhouette in the dash. He mentioned that he has dyno checked this to verify no performance change, light on vs. light off.

So turning the rear o2s off is fine, but it won't hurt not to do so.
thanks alot man, oh btw how does it sound running LT's with no cats? is it extrmly loud? because i'm goin to run the SLP loud mouth with it , i like loud sound but not annoying .

·
Gone but not forgotten
4,672 Posts
Dark said:
thanks alot man, oh btw how does it sound running LT's with no cats? is it extrmly loud? because i'm goin to run the SLP loud mouth with it , i like loud sound but not annoying .
DY has told me that running headers/no cats/loud mouth is gonna be LOUD!. probably enough so to me in trouble with the local police. which is why i am thinking headers/cats/loudmouth.

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yes, mine runs like that. It isn't all that much louder than with cats. Catalytic converters aren't mufflers per se. They more or less tone the exhaust some. Without the cats, you'll get a more "Raspy" tone to it.

As to worrying about your SES light, just buy a set of O2 simulators that plug into the post cat O2 wiring to trick the PCM into thinking the O2's are really monitoring and switching or have someone with LS1Edit "fix" them. :D

·
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CMNTMXR57 said:
Yes, mine runs like that. It isn't all that much louder than with cats. Catalytic converters aren't mufflers per se. They more or less tone the exhaust some. Without the cats, you'll get a more "Raspy" tone to it.

As to worrying about your SES light, just buy a set of O2 simulators that plug into the post cat O2 wiring to trick the PCM into thinking the O2's are really monitoring and switching or have someone with LS1Edit "fix" them. :D
oh cool, btw are you runing SLP loud mouth or other cat back system?

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
I'm running the stock cat-back with Magnaflow Mufflers in place of the stockers.

This will have to be changed soon though. They look like an odd couple going from the larger diameter piping of the headers and off-road pipes at the flange vs. the stock 2.25" piping in the cat-back.

Right now, I'll probably buy used, so I can't be specific on which I get.

·
Yes, it has a car seat
1,884 Posts
Does stainlessworks have a full bolton exhaust available? I am split between putting the LT's on and leaving the stock resonators and mufflers and doing the whole thing stainless.
Dan

·
13 year owner
16,379 Posts
Yes, but I think it's just coming out now.

·
Registered
5,214 Posts
Just coming out now ? LT's with cats, o2 bungs, and catback have been out for awhile.

I guess the only thing you would need is 02 extensions or sims which is a little added cost. That would make it full bolt on, but technically you should get a tune as well with LTs to get max numbers.

·
Can't help ya, Sorry.
14,481 Posts
DANSLS1 said:
Does stainlessworks have a full bolton exhaust available? I am split between putting the LT's on and leaving the stock resonators and mufflers and doing the whole thing stainless.
Dan
They have full cat back and the LT's if that is what you mean. They use Cherry Bomb style mufflers. It will be Loud.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts