LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on another forum. The MPVI2 with pro feature set is now capable of datalogging independently of a laptop based on a trigger (be it button like the bluetooth or a certain parameter)

Pro Feature Set – HPTuners

·
Pontiac Fanboy
1,243 Posts
Not dealing with a laptop bouncing around in the car would be nice.
I've been meaning to do the MPVI 1 to 2 upgrade for a while.

Anyone using the MPVI2 currently? Any reliability issues with it?

·
Administrator
8,559 Posts
That's nothing new. The pro version of the older MVPI (which I have) has that ability.

Reactions: LS2-GTO

·
Registered
2005 Pontiac GTO
929 Posts

I've been using it since this spring. No issues so far, although I don't use it very often.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yes i have the 2. zero issues with it since ive been tuning so almost daily for the past month.
That's nothing new. The pro version of the older MVPI (which I have) has that ability.
really? i hadnt seen it available on the mpvi2 yet. use it much? i was tossing around the idea of a tablet, my work laptop battery sucks and lugging it around sucks even more

·
Registered
205 Posts
10ish inch tablet with a cd mounted holder - works well, and you feel like hackerman when the guy next to you looks over

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
10ish inch tablet with a cd mounted holder - works well, and you feel like hackerman when the guy next to you looks over
what kind of tablet are you using? i know windows 10 home or 10 pro is preferred. looking at the surface 3 since it has windows 10 pro, 9-10hrs battery life, 4gb ram, 64gb ssd, and 2.4ghz turbo clocked/1.6ghz otherwise

·
Registered
205 Posts
I use a cheap RCA tablet to just do logs and write. I do any actual work on my desktop. HP Tuners is extremely light software

·
Administrator
8,559 Posts
use it much? i was tossing around the idea of a tablet, my work laptop battery sucks and lugging it around sucks even more
Not at all. I don't like logging blind as I routinely make stops to check data and make adjustments while I'm along the side of the road.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I use a cheap RCA tablet to just do logs and write. I do any actual work on my desktop. HP Tuners is extremely light software
having a cheaper fusion tablet i dont think i want a cheap one again. that thing sucked.

Not at all. I don't like logging blind as I routinely make stops to check data and make adjustments while I'm along the side of the road.
thats my thought process too. probably wont make so many adjustments now but i want the ability to and dragging home my work laptop gets old

·
Administrator
8,559 Posts
Word of advice:
Get an inexpensive dedicated tuning laptop/tablet that you only use for tuning and have nothing else running on it. Using a laptop you use for other applications other than general internet surfing can be risky. The last thing you want is another application accidentally opening or to cause a hiccup that freezes your computer while writing a tune.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ya - I wouldn't use this tablet for much more than logging/viewing data.

To get this right - I have to spend an additional $350CAD to unlock the data logging on top of the price already paid for the MPVI2?

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya - I wouldn't use this tablet for much more than logging/viewing data.

To get this right - I have to spend an additional $350CAD to unlock the data logging on top of the price already paid for the MPVI2?
Not sure what the CAD price is but $250us for us here in the states which is expensive imo. I dont need the extra pro inputs either so less of a benefit still

1 - 13 of 13 Posts