LS1GTO Forums banner

Standalone Datalogging MPVI2

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Sacrifice 
#1 ·
Saw this on another forum. The MPVI2 with pro feature set is now capable of datalogging independently of a laptop based on a trigger (be it button like the bluetooth or a certain parameter)

Pro Feature Set – HPTuners

#2 ·
Not dealing with a laptop bouncing around in the car would be nice.
I've been meaning to do the MPVI 1 to 2 upgrade for a while.

Anyone using the MPVI2 currently? Any reliability issues with it?

#10 ·
having a cheaper fusion tablet i dont think i want a cheap one again. that thing sucked.

Not at all. I don't like logging blind as I routinely make stops to check data and make adjustments while I'm along the side of the road.
thats my thought process too. probably wont make so many adjustments now but i want the ability to and dragging home my work laptop gets old

#11 ·
Word of advice:
Get an inexpensive dedicated tuning laptop/tablet that you only use for tuning and have nothing else running on it. Using a laptop you use for other applications other than general internet surfing can be risky. The last thing you want is another application accidentally opening or to cause a hiccup that freezes your computer while writing a tune.

#14 · (Edited)
splurged and bought the pro version to get the standalone datalogging. tired of dragging my laptop out every time i drive home/work.

found out currently though the standalone datalogging only supports the SAE parameters. means no MAF hz, injector pulse widths (needed for duty cycle), accelerator pedal position, knock retard, commanded afr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.