LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have made a big step in the direction of upgrading the car. I bought a set of LS3 heads, Kooks 1-3/4 long tubes with cattless mids and a diablo tuner for $1300. I think I got a pretty good deal. Do any of you know of any catted mids around or anybody that would want my cattless ones? I would make them a good deal for them. I'll keep this thread updated as I get more parts and get closer to starting the install.:woot:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes they do I just haven't bought one yet. I will still need intake, cam, valve springs, offset rockers, push rods, lifters and oil pump. That's just off the top of my head. I might need injectors, fuel rails and throttle body too.

·
Here for the Gangbang
2,124 Posts
I don't think you'll be needing injectors if you're not going with boost or bigger cubes. Especially up here.

Try to resist buying a donkey-dick cam. You can get every bit as much performance out of a Torquer 2 or VRX5 cam without making the car utterly retarded to drive around.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the cam advice. I also want to make sure that I have enough valve clearance so I don't have to cut the pistons.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do any of you know of any catted mids around...?
CHA-LEE has a set of OEM cat'd mids. They have helped many a performance enthusiast here pass the Colorado emissions test. He's thinking about selling his Goat (which is worth every bit of what he's asking, by the way). If he does, I imagine he'd be willing to part with his mid-pipes. Shoot him a PM if you're interested.

-Craig

·
"Big Deal"
967 Posts
Im with DORIC. I had the VRX5 in mine before I blew the engine..was awesome CAM!

·
Administrator
8,249 Posts
Shopping for a cam based upon sound :eyetwitch:

·
"Big Deal"
967 Posts
Have you looked at vengeance racing. Their CAMS are great. As I stated I had one in mine before I blew my engine and loved it. Would have bought it again but got a package deal from Texas Speed for all my goodies. Granted the MS3 doesn't have the low end grunt but once in power band she wakes up and keeps going and going and going lol.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will definitely consider the vengeance cam. I am putting together a parts list for everything that I need and the one thing I don't know how to pick is the cam and also how to figure out which push rods that I will need. Does anyone know how to calculate the correct push rod length? The other thing I don't know how to pick is valve springs.

Below is a list of parts that I am going to need with part numbers if I have them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind I already have LS3 heads and 1-3/4" Kooks and I plan on milling the heads 0.025-0.030" to keep the compression stock but also don't want to fly cut the pistons.

LS3 head gasket - Part # 12610046 x2
LS3 intake rockers - Part # 12569167 x8
LS3 rocker stands - Part # 12600936 x2
LS3 MAP sensor - Part # 12591290
LS3 injectors
LS3 intake
Rocker bolts
head bolts - ARP
Cam - around a 224/230 .581/.591 (Saw that another member had it and made good power)
Lifters - LS7 lifters?
Push Rods
Oil pump
Kooks Catted Mids
Under-drive pulley - Summit Racing Street & Strip® Bracket Racer SFI Harmonic Dampers SUM-C2502
Coil packs?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have pick a cam and I am going to go with the VRX5. I called Vengeance Racing and figured out how to pick the correct push rods and springs. As soon as I get the funds that will be my next purchase. Cant wait to get all the parts so I can start putting them on the car.

·
"Big Deal"
967 Posts
I have pick a cam and I am going to go with the VRX5. I called Vengeance Racing and figured out how to pick the correct push rods and springs. As soon as I get the funds that will be my next purchase. Cant wait to get all the parts so I can start putting them on the car.
You will love the VRX5. And it can handle quiet a bit! I am thinking about going back to it when I head back to FL.

·
BORLA
139 Posts
Nice good luck with the list sounds like a fun build... your doing everything I want on my car.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I know its been a while but I have bought more parts.

LS3 head gasket - Part # 12610046 x2
LS3 intake rockers - Part # 12569167 x8
LS3 rocker stands - Part # 12600936 x2
Vengeance VRX5 Cam
Push rods
Dual valve springs.

Getting closer.....

·
Administrator
20,335 Posts
Another +1 for the VRX5 cam. Good all around power.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts