LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know why my status could be stuck in "status" on the tracker? The car I put money down on in Feb was supposedly already coming for stock to my dealer and "coming the end of Mar/ first of April". It's now the end of April and the "status" is stuck. I call once a week to get an update and I hear that it's coming soon. It's only been in the last week that I finally was told a TPW of 3/10 and an order # to see if I could figure out where it was. I hope I'm not getting a snow job. Or is this normal?

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Svede - if you had a TPW of 3/10, the delivery time should be between 60-90 days thereafter.

·
-Tom Capozzi- Spitzer Pontiac GMC
263 Posts
svede1212 said:
Anybody know why my status could be stuck in "status" on the tracker? The car I put money down on in Feb was supposedly already coming for stock to my dealer and "coming the end of Mar/ first of April". It's now the end of April and the "status" is stuck. I call once a week to get an update and I hear that it's coming soon. It's only been in the last week that I finally was told a TPW of 3/10 and an order # to see if I could figure out where it was. I hope I'm not getting a snow job. Or is this normal?
I run the updates once a week and to make a long story short your order number wasn't on the list when I ran it last week,so I didn't run it.I'll run it again tuesday or wednesday next week and can let you know.If you're car has a 3/10 TPW,and I'm just guessing,It's probably at the port or on its way to the port

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Tom. This is frustrating when you want a car so bad :). I have always walked onto a dealer's lot and driven away with what I wanted before. All good things come to those that wait they say. I hope "they" know what they're talking about :)

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Keep in mind that some people (myself included) ordered last August/September and we still haven't gotten our cars yet. I "should" be getting it within the next 2 weeks, but from ordering to delivery it's been almost 8 months to the day. :sneaky:

·
Growing up is an option
17,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow, have you got patience. i think by then i would have flown to texas and driven one back :)

·
PC load letter?
236 Posts
Sure, I could have driven a minimum of 4 hours to get one like I ordered, but I shouldn't have to with the almighty "advanced order system" that turned out to be such a failure. I suppose GM's thinking was along the lines of "these guys have already ordered, we know they'll buy one - so let's get the first GTO's on the lots for the walk-ins".

It was a bad move. Left a very bad taste in our mouths..........

·
American Iron Horse
406 Posts
edge929 said:
Sure, I could have driven a minimum of 4 hours to get one like I ordered, but I shouldn't have to with the almighty "advanced order system" that turned out to be such a failure. I suppose GM's thinking was along the lines of "these guys have already ordered, we know they'll buy one - so let's get the first GTO's on the lots for the walk-ins".

It was a bad move. Left a very bad taste in our mouths..........
I agree with this statement 100%. I ordered my GTO in June of last year. I barely got it this last thursday (04/22/04). I'd have to say the "advanced order program" was a failure. My advise to others that want a GTO either this years model or next years is to advance order it but be on the look out for ones that the dealership gets. At least if you can't find one or can't find the one you want, you'll have one coming sooner or later. More later then sooner. Good luck to everybody that still haven't received their GTO. Hang in there. It's worth the wait. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts