LS1GTO.com Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my second clock spring is broken again. Not sure whats happening but its super annoying. Anyway, Are the 04-06 clock springs all the same? or do i need an 06 clock spring for my 06 gto?

·
GR-RRR!
5,346 Posts
All three years are unique. For an 06 you need an 06 clockspring.

Be careful when perhaps buying one on ebay as the 05 and 06 clocksprings look the same but the 05 version does not have support for the 06 illuminated steering wheel buttons. Most folks listing them on ebay list them as 05/06 clocksprings and most don't know if the part in question came from an 05 or an 06.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think that is what happened on my second spring. It was listed as 05/06 a stated above but the when i installed it the buttons didnt light up but they did control the radio and the horn worked. Then about 2 weeks later everything died on me for some reason.

·
My other car has wings
443 Posts
I have a question....my steering wheel control buttons are not illuminated and they do not work for controlling the radio volume/tuning, modes etc.....does that suggest I have a bad clock spring?

·
GR-RRR!
5,346 Posts
couldnt he run an 05 clockspring in an 06, he would just lose the illuminated steering controls?
Well, yes, you can install an 05 in an 06 and vice versa.

I have a question....my steering wheel control buttons are not illuminated and they do not work for controlling the radio volume/tuning, modes etc.....does that suggest I have a bad clock spring?
Either that or the buttons themselves are broken or the connection is broken. I don't know if all that runs through the BCM, but if you've had BCM issues that could be a source or problems too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts