LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
lsxpwrd
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of keeping the rear deck subs connected to the amp that is in there now and replacing the front door ,front tweeters and rear panel with 2 sets of 6.5 coaxial memphis and 1 set of 1" tweeters and connecting them to the memphis 16-MCA3004 75x4 amp. then keeping the stock unit. what do you guys think of this setup, you think it will workout and sound good? or should i remove the rear deck subs and remove the amp and replace it with more memphis?

·
goat lover
212 Posts
well, that setup will absolutly work, however line out converters just plain suck for high amps. also, your subs are gonna seem extremely week with the additional power going to your speakers. if you are looking for better vocals though, you will get it. If you're looking to keep the factory unit but upgrade the sound, jl's cleansweep is an amazing product. everyone customer i've ever had get it was extremely satisfied. the rockford fosgate version looks good too, but i don't have any personal experience with it.

·
lsxpwrd
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so you think i should get a sub amp put subs in the trunk ? since the rear deck's are just mid bass thats why i thought i would upgrade to more bass at little later date

·
lsxpwrd
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh and also i wasnt putting the mid bass rear deck speakers on the memphis amp was just going to keep them on blaupunkt amp until i had more money to infest in subs and class d amp

·
Suffering Fools
15,298 Posts
If you're trying to save money to add stuff later, I would do the door speakers and tweeters first, then the rear deck subs, then the back speakers.

How much were you planning on spending this time around? Or do you already have this stuff?

·
lsxpwrd
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i already have the tweeters , front and rear panel speakers and a amp . was gonna do rear deck and subs later. just didnt want to hook up the rear deck subs to a speaker amp because i was guessing they wouldnt have the best quality.

·
Suffering Fools
15,298 Posts
I wouldn't plug in the stock subs to an aftermarket amp, no.

I think your plan is fine.

·
lsxpwrd
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok kool thx. wasnt planning on pluggin those subs into amp buying some in few months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts