LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Stereo Finally Done (PICS!!!!!!)

i got my car back from the shop on friday and i got Alpine Typr R subs 12 inch, Type S speakers all around and tweeters in dash, Alpine 9857 head unit, Apline MDR 600 watt mono amp, Alpine 75*4 channel amp, PS2 slim in golve box, 5 inch concept monitor in replace of rear view with camera in trunk. Custom build boxes and amp racks and PS2 holder

TO VIEW PICS OF MY SYSTEM CHECK OUT MY CARDOMAIN PAGE I CANT GET THE PICE ON THE FORUM

·
Registered
528 Posts
You fully changed the rearview mirror against an electronic monitor solution? Is that legal? Or did you use one of those mirrors that have a little monitor built in under the mirrored glas?

Till

·
Registered
335 Posts
probably depends on state law.

In CA I believe the minimum is:

- 2 x side mirrors
(or)
- 1 x rear view mirror

So you could paint your rear window black, as long as you have 2 side mirror, e.g panel van

·
Registered
528 Posts
Surely didn't want to play the cop here, just wondering.

I thought about a rearview camera to help with the bad visibility looking out diagonally to the rear. When I am in a parking spot and there are cars on both sides of me, it is really hard to see what's going on behind. Especially in the manoeuvre when you have to turn out of the parking spot while backing up. Either the C-pillar or the center pillar get in the way. I find it is even worse on the drivers side. Ideally there would be two wide angle cameras. One by each rear light, mounted so that the field of view overlaps in the center line of the car (i.e. straight back) and so that each camera points to the rear and side of the car in about a 45 degree angle. Then it would be cool to have a rearview mirror with two little screens on the left and right and just a mirror in the center.

Where did you mount the rearview camera? Did you have to cut a hole? What's the angle of view you are getting? Any trouble with headlights from the cars behind you? I imagine they shine right in which could lead to overexposure (just a bright white image).

Till

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pics Are Up!

sorry for not posring on the forum but go to
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2101022/1 to check out my new pics and what do you guys think of my DMS Fornt bumper been meaning to post that pic for a while

1 - 11 of 11 Posts