LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finially decided to put a new sound system in the goat this weekend.

I went with the

Pioneer Avic-D2
4 Alpine SPS-17C2 6.5"
2 Alpine SPS-1005 tweeters
2 Boss midbass
1200 watt 5 channel boss amp Boss GT980

Plus a 4 channel amp kit and extra RCA cables it came out to be around 1200 shipped. I ordered it from sonicelectonix.com and they gave me there Ebay prices. It sounds alot better than stock. Friday we got everything installed and ran and the interior put back together. And then Saturday morning mounted the amp in the trunk. It took about 12hrs total included messing with the sound and a few troubleshooting items. It was well worth the money. Thanks Little Man Big Goat and Cyclone Chris for the help on the install. Pics soon to come.

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts
Glad it all worked out. Come see me Tuesday for pictures. I've been looking around to get one myself, but going to wait till I pay for my trip to Europe.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You are making it difficult for me to resist the temptation to replace mine. I see that you decided to go with an amp for everything.

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Here are some pics. I need a ChimChim plate though

·
goat lover
212 Posts
the d2 actually isnt a dvd player, other then that that thing is an awesome unit. one of the best screens and nav's out there. seeing all these pics is killing me. all my equipment is here and i'm just waiting on the dash kit from chim chim

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am very impressed with it. I had the Avic-N1 in my last car and i like it. I really dont mind if it doesnt play DVDs. If i want to watch a movie i will watch it in my living room. I talked with ChimCHim and he is going to have one for me on the 15th. The trim he makes for the HU is very good that I have seen. I do like the display on the HU more than i have seen on others.

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6634.html

I received there ebay price of 725 though. Good website and customer service. Again I think the picture quality is great.

Oh for those of you that install this, the parking break wire needs to be grounded and there is a extra open pin on the wiring harness and you can stick the other end of the parking brake wire in there. Thats how i bypassed mine.

·
Hazard to Society
5,284 Posts

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How are you saving 800???? I dont see how you can do that!

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Z1 is about $1600 even on sonicelectronix and its just bluetooth ready you would still need the adapter.

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Although the Z1 is nice! I wish i could afford that.

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh my bad i thought you said get the Z1 im a non reading fool..lol. My bad chris

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Are you going to get one or wait?

·
12sec club
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I knoe you mentioned getting the free portable one with it a crutchfield or Kens

1 - 20 of 26 Posts