LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals Im new to the forum so thought I'd drop a few lines to introduce myself. I am the proud owner of 04 gto ls1 with some little bells and whistles. Shes clean and well maintained. Anyways i was thinking about dropping some focal mids and highs. Such a great speaker btw. Running a dsp (maybe, idk yet) and a couple amps. It already has a pioneer 2330NEX, not a great deck but itll do the job for now... One for the front components and another for the rear dash as I know there is a factory amp i know using that is asking for problems. No subs other than what the car is already set up for... so I guess this leads to my questions! What is a good Infinite baffle sub? I do believe they are what 6.5? Can you fit a 7"? Maybe just for the center sub... I do believe there are 3 positions/holes in the rear dash... any advice would be awesome! Looking for wiring options to save time and space brands that work well for the gto. I realize im not going to get "2 -12s" bass response! Ill be happy with a system that goes loud and has some formidable bass response. Thanks guys!

·
Seriously?
1,662 Posts
People have put 8" subs in the rear deck by modifying the stock speaker bracket. The side panels next to the rear seats have been used for subs as well as the trunk. If you search side panel sub box, rear deck subs and trunk subs, you'll get a lot of threads to check out.

·
Wol Gemut
3,461 Posts
there are only two holes on the rear deck, for the stock 6.5s. as you are not doing a box, you have the room to work with spacers or whatever, just keeping them above the fuel tank. I had (still have them but dis-installed as I went three-way) small boxes (Focal Utopia ws 13cm) in the rear panels which worked fine, but I doubt anyone is truly happy with the big subs in rear panels. If you are not enthralled with the HU, I would get a stock HU, run it into one of JL's really good DSP/amps, and drive everything from there. I hear they are amazing.

·
Premium Member
2006 GTO IBM 6 Speed
489 Posts
I'm looking at Audiofrog 8" subs on printed rings and an aftermarket mini amp for mine. Otherwise 6.5" Kicker subs work pretty well with the OEM amp.

Subs

Rings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts