LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of the final install. This took about 4 full days to get it looking and sounding just about perfect. The original 3 amps I bought were garbage, so upgraded to these. The new Blaupunkt Overdrive speakers are awesome. Overall the sound is superb. If anyone has any stereo related questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I think I've seen it all thru this installation. Not a job for the timid though :banghead:
The amps:

The sub and the amps:

The new location of the tweeters(much better imaging/sound than stock location:

The new rear floor with vented CarMS trunk mat for cooling:

·
Oh my f*ck!
6,464 Posts
Looks good - what are the vents in the trunk floor? Is that amp cooling or something?

·
Captain Thread Killer returns
21,898 Posts
very nice!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Great Job! Where did you get the material for the speaker boxes?

Did you replace all the stock speakers with the Overdrive speakers? I'm not that thrilled with the stock ones and would like to replace them.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The vents are for cooling for the amps. Yep, replaced all the speakers with Overdrives: ODc650s in the front, ODx652s in rear, and ODw1000s in trunk.
I found the boxes pre-made at a local stereo shop. Mounted a 3/8s" piece of plywood behind the cover for the gas tank(screwed to frame protecting tank),
then screwed the boxes into the plywood. I've got alittle bit of engine whine I'm going to trouble shoot this weekend and get resolved. Then I'm done.

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts
That is a great looking setup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts