LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Doc, Just Doc
8,767 Posts
WKDWS6 said:
Hey guys

Do any of you know where to find the article with the 0-150mph test comparing the STi to the GTO?

Thanks
It was Road & Track in their yearly sports car review. They were not compared together but both their test results were in magazine so you could compare all the stats of each car. The STi was compared against the Evo and the GTO was a solo test! I would have to say around May/June time frame when it was on the shelves!

Doc

·
Registered
663 Posts
For fun look at the GTO vs. the 89 Turbo Trans Am. Really similar numbers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Something has got to be screwed up as the GTO is only 1 sec faster then the STI at 1.5 miles and at 153 mph, while the STI is at 145 mph, so it takes twelve more seconds for it to get to 150 mph?

·
Retired LEO meow
14,535 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Can I ask where you got yours up to 160??? and how was the ride at that speed???

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Ive only had mine to 110 so far... everytime I get to the no cop section between exit 21 and 20 on I-87... damn thing is loaded with trafic... I can just picture someonepulling into my lane as I'm doin 120... so I'll just have to wait a bit more... good to here its stable...

·
Wooohooo
3,381 Posts
leafbumperin said:
I don't know how much of that information is accurate. It says the GTO is limited to 155, mine cuts out at 160. It says the theoretical top speed is 156, it's still pulling at 160. Just seems like the information may be a little bit off.

The GTO is electronically governed at 156 per LS1 edit mine is now set at 255 so there is no governor. what you thought was 160 was most likely actually 156 which in most books is damn close enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts