LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Cosmic Purple GTO for my wife December 30th, the dealer says the order was accepted, but still no build date almost 2 months later. Dealer even said local GM rep said it was ok to take the order. They said we are taking one of their allocated 3, but it was no problem. I already put $1000 down to secure the order.

Is this normal to be waiting this long just to get a build date?

I am having my wife call the GM Family number to also check. They are one of the dealers NOT accepting the GM Family discount, so much for getting a break for her grandmother working 37 years at GM.

·
Registered
175 Posts
December 30th ?!?! He He - be prepared to get yours in june/july

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get the car or build date. Don't mind waiting until then to get the car. I am just gunshy after ordering my SS and waiting forever, and they messed up the order. 6 months later, and "OOPS, sorry we put down the wrong color code, take it or leave it". And yes I did leave it. Bought an SS anyway but not from that dealer.

I just wanted to know if it normally takes 2 months just to get a build date.

·
Registered
175 Posts
actually car/build date means absolutely nothing.... I just got mine a couple days ago but found that the car was built in October last year

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
If you have the order number you should be okay.

·
Registered
524 Posts
kick_*ss said:
I ordered a Cosmic Purple GTO for my wife December 30th, the dealer says the order was accepted, but still no build date almost 2 months later. Dealer even said local GM rep said it was ok to take the order. They said we are taking one of their allocated 3, but it was no problem. I already put $1000 down to secure the order.

Is this normal to be waiting this long just to get a build date?

I am having my wife call the GM Family number to also check. They are one of the dealers NOT accepting the GM Family discount, so much for getting a break for her grandmother working 37 years at GM.
Start calling around. Check GMbuypower for dealer inventory and see if you can find one on the floor. But most of us waited 6-8 months from order, 3-4 months from build date (TPW). Good luck. The purple will be rare.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hada64 said:
Start calling around. Check GMbuypower for dealer inventory and see if you can find one on the floor. But most of us waited 6-8 months from order, 3-4 months from build date (TPW). Good luck. The purple will be rare.
Thanks, we don't mind the wait. Just gives magna charger time to test and get the s/c for the GTO ironed out and more time to save up to put more money down and get the payments lower.

Yah, my wife loves purple, and loves to drive my SS, so I got her a LS1 of her own. Even got her http://www.purplegto.com :D

·
3,327 Posts
kick_*ss said:
Thanks, we don't mind the wait. Just gives magna charger time to test and get the s/c for the GTO ironed out and more time to save up to put more money down and get the payments lower.

Yah, my wife loves purple, and loves to drive my SS, so I got her a LS1 of her own. Even got her http://www.purplegto.com :D
I havent really been a fan of the purple, but I do have yet to see one in person. I have a personal reason for not likeing the purple though. I have heard that they are not making many in that color, and if you have the M6, it is even more rare. I will be happy with my Yellow Jacket M6, if it ever gets here. I think that Pook has a Cosmos Purple, and think that 40thGTO has one as well. Thats the only two that I know of.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
My original order was for the Cosmos Purple before I was swayed to the dark side. I understand that cosmos is very descriptive as it is a very dark purple. Hopefully things will work out!!
:thumbs:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh well, worse case is that I have to settle for a c5 or c6 convertible or targa vette. I know that would just break my heart.
I am sure the dealer will just be all tore up having us pay an extra 10-20k.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey Kathy, i live in seagrove not to far from ya. I have mine, red with black int. 6-speed, if you want to see it ,let me know....

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Made me just go up and take a look. Found a cosmic purple one about 45 miles away on the other side of Lake Norman here. Going to call dealer and see if I can get that one shipped over to this one :D

:D

·
Registered
308 Posts
I ordered mine in late December. The dealer did not have a VIN, but did have a TPW of 12/8/03. With my patience growing thin I contacted Pontiac via email. The response was prompt, but disappointing. Here's part of it:

"Thank you for your recent email. We have researched your order number for your 2004 GTO. The scheduled producton week for your vehilce was this week, the vehicle has not been completed as of yet, however is still scheduled for production this week. We apologize, but that is all of the information we have available to us at this time. If you would like to inquire at a later date, we would be more than happy to get more information to you at that time."

Obviously someone's information is wrong. It's just my luck that it's the dealer.

·
3,327 Posts
Via e-mail isnt always the best way. Try contacting Wanda Barber (313)-667-9501. I think she only works on GTO orders? She helped me out a lot.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'll do that. Thanks.

·
3,327 Posts
tdimasi said:
I'll do that. Thanks.
NO problem at all. Im thankful to this board to get that number, thought I should pass it along. :thumbs:

·
Registered
308 Posts
Just spoke w/Wanda. She was eager to help and sounded very knowledgeable. The "Vehicle Order Detail" form I received when I made my deal noted a 12/8/03 TPW. In actuality, the car wasn't produced until 2/18. It's going to miss the next sailing, but will make the next with a 3/28 ETA.

I may have a dilemma in that I have 2nd on hold (refundable deposit) with another dealer. It's a black 6 Speed. GTO #1 is Cosmos, which I really want. However, if the black comes in first, I may not be able to restrain myself. Of course, I could always buy them both.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts