LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did three passes i wasnt used to the shifter im used to a four speed not a six speed so i went from 2nd right to 5th gear i practiced a few times around the pits and a road down the street from the track also i only had the car for abt.3 weeks on my 2nd pass i got 1380 @ 106 i looked at the time slip i saw 106 mph that is supposed to be a low 13 to a high12 so i lowered the air pressure to 28 lbs helped the wheelhop a little bit launched at 2000rpm got a 1360 at 106 again i know once i later that wheel hop cause when i start to feel that i quickly lift and go again it should go 1300s or some where around there i plan to take care of that problem and a few ohters that i dont like i we all should be in the high 12s low 13s every day and i want to keep it as much stock as i can "no nitrous"!!!!!so my best time is 1360 @ 106 on a track bite track

·
Registered
467 Posts
Wow, that is a hell of a sentence!...lol...It sounds like this was your first time at the track with the GTO and the best time you got was a 13.60 at 106? If that's the case, congrats, it took me two trips to the track to get into the 13s. Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of info here to help you with your track times.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Man, I havent broke low 14's yet and I have done 5 passes....I suck. Congrats
Chuch

·
Parting My GTO Out
1,833 Posts
Nice runs, my first run at the track i pulled a 13.1 with my mods I have. My second run I pulled a 12.92.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
track times

Apfu said:
Wow, that is a hell of a sentence!...lol...It sounds like this was your first time at the track with the GTO and the best time you got was a 13.60 at 106? If that's the case, congrats, it took me two trips to the track to get into the 13s. Welcome to the forum, there is a wealth of info here to help you with your track times.
hello actually my 2 nd time down the track with the gto it was over the summer i got the car at the end of june 2 weeks later i brought it to the track with 1 run then weather happened i got a 1370 @106 my 2nd trip on the 3rd pass is when i got the 1360 six sp tranny thanks for the welcome this site is really cool a mechanic turned me on to it where i bought the car

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wheel hop

Apfu said:
you got a lot of goodies under the hood how does the king springs work for you and are they better than the drag bagsim looking to beef up my rear end before i go faster with a little higher launch

·
Registered
467 Posts
I was running the koni shocks and the king springs for awhile with just headers, catback, intake and tune and they seemed to work very well. The konis set on full firm really stiffen up the back end. Now that I'm making a little bit more power with the heads, cam and supercharger, I am going to go ahead and put in the drag bags. I should have done it when I changed out the springs. There are a ton of people here that say they are the best bang for the buck as far as mods go.

·
Bye Bye GTO
2,462 Posts
Nimrod_R said:
Whats the fastest time anyone has done with a six speed, STOCK (no mods at all) 06 GTO?
I think someone in here ran a 12.90 or something in an 05 M6, which should be the same for 06.

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
Rolencode GTO said:
I think someone in here ran a 12.90 or something in an 05 M6, which should be the same for 06.

nice runs, keep practicing and make sure you keep the car cool, 12's are possible!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
rear support

yo apfu thanks for the info im going to get the drag bags first then the shocks and springs will follow later :gears: :gears: keep in touch

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you dont suck

yo lorider 680 you dont suck it just takes time and practice i bet you do real good out in the street but when you get to the track you pull what you call a horrible timeyou see the track is preped for racingso what you have to do is get a feel for the track find the groove where your car runs best at then start making adjustments like air pressure what rpm you can make a good launch at and if you got the stock tires like i do i do a light burnoutlike next to none you dont want to rip your tires down the track though it looks cool your losing time idont know how long you been racing that should be a good start for you then after you got that then practice on the tree unless you got that i hope this info will help you and remember you dont suck

·
Twitchin'
208 Posts
Best I have seen for a near-stock LS2 GTO is TM2FLI's '05. Stock w/ Nittos, the car went low 12.80's. With catless SW LT's, Magnaflow X-pipe (stock exchaust behind that) ASP pulley and a K&N filter (no tune), the car went 12.60 :eek: - which I personally witnessed at a track notorious for bad prep and higer ET's in SW Missouri. That made me a believer in the the LS2 goats - bar none!

This car is a beast, no doubt - but the guy can just flat-out drive. I truly think the best mod is the driver mod!:gears:

Cheers! :drink:

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
Scrat WRX said:
This car is a beast, no doubt - but the guy can just flat-out drive. I truly think the best mod is the driver mod!:gears:

drover mod :ftw:

just keep working at it, and make sure you got some cool air...i droped over 6/10ths of a second going from 80 degree air to 50 degree air (also the latter with better 60' times.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1206s

Scrat WRX said:
Best I have seen for a near-stock LS2 GTO is TM2FLI's '05. Stock w/ Nittos, the car went low 12.80's. With catless SW LT's, Magnaflow X-pipe (stock exchaust behind that) ASP pulley and a K&N filter (no tune), the car went 12.60 :eek: - which I personally witnessed at a track notorious for bad prep and higer ET's in SW Missouri. That made me a believer in the the LS2 goats - bar none!

i wont question that these cars are beasts but what i think is that you didnt read my short storie in it i put down that i have o and i mean o mods on the car the way i bought it off the show room floor is how i raced iti plan to some serious mods later dowm the road that will bring me down into the low 10s hopefully in the high 9s but that will be exepensive cause i dont like nitrous not knocking any one who use nitrousi just dont have that kind funds to repir nitrous damage and if you seen some damage like i seen over the years you would understand i plan to do some mods over the winter and depending on funds to see where i go from there holmz28

·
= Ol Dirty Ed
3,280 Posts
hey holmz Im heading to atco tomorrow after work so if your interested head on down my best is in my sig but i have a full suspension. Im hoping to get close to 12s tomorrow but who knows actually i just want better than what i got.

Edit nevermind just looked at the track schedule they have a major event this weekend, but Im saying Thursday october 5th if the weather is good lets get down there only muffled street cars and bikes should be able to get some runs.

·
Registered
467 Posts
holmz28 said:
yo apfu thanks for the info im going to get the drag bags first then the shocks and springs will follow later :gears: :gears: keep in touch

IMO, you should do the rear springs and drag bags at the same time. That would save you the hassle of installing the bags in the stockers, only to have to uninstall them to reinstall them in the aftermarket springs. I kinda wished I had installed the bags when I changed the bags, so I wouldn't have to unistall the springs. Just my $.02.

·
The Situation
3,358 Posts
Scrat WRX said:

thats pretty impressive, does he have any dyno numbers? I know the track is a better gauge, just wondering what type of rwhp that car is making... I am guessing somewhere around 360-370?

·
Used to have one
4,734 Posts
probably bone stock just with some tire...the more tire you throw at this car though the more "torque management" kicks in. i quote becasue its not actually "tq management" on an M6 like in an auto, but it holds you back some for sure.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts