LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DAAAT'S RIGHT
1,650 Posts
I can't remember exact #'s but, I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a stock A4 over 290rwhp/315rwtq. I'm sure someone else will chime in.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
scgoat said:
Does the A4 dyno differently than the M6?
It's almost impossible to compare two cars on different dyno's, there's too many variables there.

·
Resident 10-second Priest
8,959 Posts
Stock at 1000 miles I dynoed 285/304 with my A4.

While NVigR8 is right about the many variables, there is a general trend, which JayStew pointed out: I've not seen a stock A4 dyno over 300rwhp. The A4's have at least a 5% more drivetrain loss than the M6's.

I'd like to see an A4 dyno after 5000 miles to see if the common perception that LS1's loosen up and produce more power after 5k is true.

Padre

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Ranged from 289-290 RWHP peak with 1200 miles on her...
Good enough for some 14.00 runs totally stock!

Dez Racing
Seekonk MA
Dynojet

Ed

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
I saw an IBM A4 dyno 302/320 on Wednesday, bone stock baseline run. Car had 800 miles on the clock, dynoed w/ TC locked.

·
I love my Goat!
5,963 Posts
You took the words right out of my mouth!

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
NJTorque said:
I saw an IBM A4 dyno 302/320 on Wednesday, bone stock baseline run. Car had 800 miles on the clock, dynoed w/ TC locked.

Ok Artie...

I'll be the "male member" here... :D

Seems like a "happy" dyno... ;)

Ed

·
Master of Youngrushhour
4,318 Posts
Sorry boys - why do you think they call it "Phantom Black"? Because it is so fast you can't see it go by you.

·
Y = C + I + G + NX
358 Posts
Ahem. Torrid Red

tor·rid:

1.Parched with the heat of the sun; intensely hot.
2.Scorching; burning: the torrid noonday sun.
3.Passionate; ardent: a torrid love scene.
4.Hurried; rapid: set a torrid pace; torrid economic growth.

:burnout:

·
The Anti Dyno Racer
473 Posts
EDC said:
Ok Artie...

I'll be the "male member" here... :D

Seems like a "happy" dyno... ;)

Ed
I thought the same thing at first, but I have also seen GTOs run in the 280s HP and low 300s TQ on the same dyno. The car I am talking about was a June 04 build, maybe some of the later cars are running a little stronger? I have seen some LS1s run stronger than others in the past, so the reasons why are anyone's guess. I'll try to get my hands on the dyno sheet so you guys can see for yourselves.

·
Oil Pressure God
9 Posts
Mine did 285/315 with 200 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ah, not to be an ass but who cares?? is all about the et and mph. I guess what I am saying is the only thing a dyno is good for is tuning. If your truly making close to 300hp you should have over 104=105 mph in the 1/4. How many got dyno plots that show 300+ but are pulling less then 105 in the 1/4??

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi im new to the bord and i was wondering if my car was runing slow. my car pulled 277rwhp stock and 298rwtq
and its a m6 with 500 on the clock

1 - 20 of 22 Posts