LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My GTO sits really low in the rear. And we are talking top of tire is at the fender wall but in the front I have a little more then 2 inchs from tire to fender wall. I checked the ones at the dealership and they all sit fine.
I check to make sure there isnt a fluid leak at the shocks . any ideas why it sits so low????? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Rockos GTO said:
My GTO sits really low in the rear. And we are talking top of tire is at the fender wall but in the front I have a little more then 2 inchs from tire to fender wall. I checked the ones at the dealership and they all sit fine.
I check to make sure there isnt a fluid leak at the shocks . any ideas why it sits so low????? :rolleyes:
This might seem far-fetched but did you check your air pressure in the rear tires?

·
No More GTO!!!!
1,269 Posts
Mine sits like that,Whats the problem?Are you sure what you are using as a comparison at the dealer has the rubbers removed?Maybe those cars just haven't settled yet?
Just think,you just saved money on lowering springs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I really like the stock GTO wheel/fender gaps. But 2" at the front and 0" at the rear doesn't sound quite right to me. Unless you've got something heavy in the trunk?

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
TallyGoat said:
I really like the stock GTO wheel/fender gaps. But 2" at the front and 0" at the rear doesn't sound quite right to me. Unless you've got something heavy in the trunk?
Jimmy Hoffa?

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bone said:
Mine sits like that,Whats the problem?Are you sure what you are using as a comparison at the dealer has the rubbers removed?Maybe those cars just haven't settled yet?
Just think,you just saved money on lowering springs.
true, but if it is going to sit that low I would rather it hook up better. besides I dont like the way it looks with the front so high......if anything I need the front lowered to match!!

·
Mod Hungry... Empty Wallet
2,137 Posts
I think its time for pics

·
Registered
571 Posts
That's odd, both ends on mine look like your back. I noticed you have bfg's on the front and toyo's on the back. Same size? Is your car sitting on a level surface? Does it look the same on the other side?

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yep high in front low in back same size tires all the way around. I have taken it to new concrete and other spot I know are level and it sits the same way

·
Enjoy the trolls
2,548 Posts
Yours looks kinda high in the front....

Here's a picture of mine with stock wheel/tire....

·
Registered
571 Posts
I'm stumped, mine was higher in the front until I took the spacers out, but you say yours are already out.

??????????

·
late owner of a 2004
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well looks like Dealership here I come.........but first need to call executive support.
Since the paid me a car payment for the last time I had it in the shop why not try for more :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts