LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one know this off the top of their head? Is it 3.1 or 2.9?
The reason I ask is I have an extra 2.9 pulley I want to sell, but if its not really an upgrade, I wont try to sell it here, maybe in the vette forums or something.

Search found conflicting info....

·
Registered
639 Posts
Steel Chicken said:
Any one know this off the top of their head? Is it 3.1 or 2.9?
The reason I ask is I have an extra 2.9 pulley I want to sell, but if its not really an upgrade, I wont try to sell it here, maybe in the vette forums or something.

Search found conflicting info....

I looked at the one on mine and it says 2.9

So I would say it isnt an upgrade.

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I thought, thanks!

·
Registered
23 Posts
The one on my 05 vette is 3.4. I am looking for a smaller pulley.
Steel chicken, how much you want for it?

·
Administrator
20,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
j00 got pm

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Tom, whats up?
How much more boost will 2.9 have compared to the 3.4?
And also, I have been having problems with a boost gauge reading 8.7lb's at idle.
that cant be right.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Tom, might help if I include my sig.

Ed & Dee Parker from the Atlanta F-Body gathering.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Z51C6 said:
Hey Tom, might help if I include my sig.

Ed & Dee Parker from the Atlanta F-Body gathering.

Pretty much a stock motor and clutch?

I recently installed a 3.2" on mine. That 2.9 would be pretty aggressive and tuning would definately be required.

·
Bye Bye Goat..It's Been Fun
3,934 Posts
Z51C6 said:
Hey Tom, whats up?
How much more boost will 2.9 have compared to the 3.4?
And also, I have been having problems with a boost gauge reading 8.7lb's at idle.
that cant be right.
You should gain approx 0.75lb of boost per 0.10" of pulley. So, I would guess about 4 psi.

·
Registered
23 Posts
tbyrne said:
Pretty much a stock motor and clutch?

I recently installed a 3.2" on mine. That 2.9 would be pretty aggressive and tuning would definately be required.
All stock but the longtubes. Getting it tuned at MTI in a week or so.

Thanks guys.

·
TBYRNE Performance
4,529 Posts
Dropping down that small would allow you to pick up about 3.5-4psi if there is no belt slippage. Personally I think that's pushing the high side with the stock motor. Boost makes it very easy for you to gain hp. It's just a pulley swap away. A little is good, more is better and to much is expensive. I'd feel comfortable pushing 7psi through the LS2. Maybe not to bad with 8 but I'd be wondering when something would happen with any more than that. A good tune is very important too.

·
Registered
23 Posts
tbyrne said:
Dropping down that small would allow you to pick up about 3.5-4psi if there is no belt slippage. Personally I think that's pushing the high side with the stock motor. Boost makes it very easy for you to gain hp. It's just a pulley swap away. A little is good, more is better and to much is expensive. I'd feel comfortable pushing 7psi through the LS2. Maybe not to bad with 8 but I'd be wondering when something would happen with any more than that. A good tune is very important too.
I'll find out, I had good luck (knock on wood) with the nitrous on my 96 ss.
everybody said 175 was pushing it with a stock botton end. ran it for years than stepped up to 2 stages with a total of 225. ran like a bat out of hell.

So maybe I should go with a 3.2?

Nah, I'll go with the 2.9 and see what blows.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts