LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone? I have seen that some persons have had issues with the JBA mids and the stock manifolds. I would love a sound clip if someone can provide. You guys on this board have so many threads on exhausts that its nearly impossible to find exactly what you are looking for cause you have to go through eleventy billion other threads.

Yeah I know, i should just get the headers but im trying to be smart about things here...

·
I Hope He Fails
521 Posts
What kind of gains are people getting with the JBA catted mids and stock manifolds? I can't seem to find the answer to this question anywhere.

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well under N/A applications i would say no more than 10hp...under similar application (5.0l V8 BMW's) most run about 10-15hp running upgraded cats.

As for GTO's, I would have no clue what the gains would be

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just found some info...on a 04 supercharged car, they saw a gain of 20hp (16% ). it was on Maryland Speeds site

·
Registered
796 Posts
You answered your own question then. I would guess you were correct at around 10hp on N/A engine. I don't know why they even use a supercharged GTO as a frame of reference. Talk about preaching to the minority.

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well im sure that they use what they could get their hands on and no doubt the power change is alot more with a F/I application than that of a N/A setup.

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
from the board sponsors, i found that maryland speed has the lowest advertised price (if i remember correctly).

·
Eco Friendly
3,762 Posts
TriflowM5+M3 said:
Yeah I know, i should just get the headers but im trying to be smart about things here...
I'm not sure I understand this statement - worried about emissions or money tight? The "smart" route is to go LT headers because of the gains over any other header/exhaust mod on a near stock car. :)

·
I hate you
368 Posts
got mine today from maryland speedm but they are catless They were the cheapest in price and the cheapest in shipping. One company wanted 36 dollars to ship...maryland speed was 14 bucks.

I'll be installing them wednesday along with cutouts.

I also ordered the SLP UD pulley from them also. Got both real quick!

·
What A Rush..
916 Posts
Last Rites said:
got mine today from maryland speedm but they are catless They were the cheapest in price and the cheapest in shipping. One company wanted 36 dollars to ship...maryland speed was 14 bucks.

I'll be installing them wednesday along with cutouts.

I also ordered the SLP UD pulley from them also. Got both real quick!
They must be really stepping up with offering low prices. I have heard their name mentioned alot lately.

·
V8 Whore
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GTO_Scott said:
I'm not sure I understand this statement - worried about emissions or money tight? The "smart" route is to go LT headers because of the gains over any other header/exhaust mod on a near stock car. :)
Money isnt tight its just the fact that even adding LT's and a tune, Im still not going to be near the kind of power that I need/crave in life. So really im just being smart with not spending money on parts that in the end arent going to amount to a hill of beans. After comming out of an 850+ rwhp BMW M5, the GTO just can compare but im not willing to spend the cash and reduction in reliability in going FI on a OEM N/A application again.

Well I guess ill just call up the few sponsors here and see what they have to offer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts