LS1GTO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is no Audio Section, I guess this is where it goes...but anyway i aint very good with audio and i wanted to install some subwoofers and a new amp, but wanted to keep the stock radio, how would i install it since the stock radio doesnt have RCA jacks for the Amp, i'm sure there is an adapter but where can i find this adapter?

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
you have to find a custom shop that shoud beable to get you a new harness i had a system hooked up to my stock radio. or there is a piece that you can buy from pepboys and you hook it up though your back speakers my brother tried that but did not should as good. I would check around speaker shops they should have a harness that works. Best buy circuit city anywhere that installs radios.

·
3X HIN Hottest Modern Muscle
1,028 Posts
I installed 2 subs in mine and i did it at my work, circuit city. All i did was splice into the wires that are there for the stock subs and put in a rca/line out converter. It turns regular speaker wire into rca outs and has adjustable output levels. Then just hook them up to the amp and you are ready to go. To install the remote wire and power cable u have to take out the back seats completly to run them, and the door plates on the bottom and the seat track covers, but be careful not to break them like i did to one. I belive i hooked the remote wire to a pink color wire that was up under neath the driver foot/steraing colum area. I ran the power cable on the passanger side and the remote wire on the driver side. Hope this helps you.

·
Expelled
8,316 Posts
remote to pink wire? remotes should be put to the radio fuse or a BLUE wire behind the radio. when you do all that cutting into speaker wire your not going to get the same amount of power since you did that the rca's arent getting enough juice. i know if you hook up the remote to the blue wire behind the radio hooked the rca's to a new harness behind a radio you will get much much power and clearer sound. what type of power wire i've always like 4 gague but i had a 4,000 watt system in my truck and have installed systems in tons of cars. But remember doing this causes you to have to buy more than speakers your want to go get a Power Cap and maybe even a yellow top optima because you lights will be blinking and it might mean you can mess up your alternator.(i've done all of this)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Any audio shop will have whats called a LOC , low level converter, or p-50 is the model number my shop uses you can tap the rear speakers right in the back and that piece will convert the speaker wire into rca's and then run a rca from that to the amp and theres your signal, i am a newbie to this forum but pm if you still have any ?'s

·
Your ass better call somebody
922 Posts
Not trying to be an ass but try :search: There have been several posts over the last week or so that have talked about this subject. Just type in LOC and you should come up with some good info. Hope that helps.

·
Still in search of the dream!
46 Posts
Not trying to be an ass but try :search: There have been several posts over the last week or so that have talked about this subject. Just type in LOC and you should come up with some good info. Hope that helps.
Isn't this thread from 2004?:dunno:

·
Your ass better call somebody
922 Posts
Isn't this thread from 2004?:dunno:
You know...they say reading is fundamental. I guess I should try it some time. LOL Thanks for pointing that out. :shiner:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts